Dull & yellowy headlight glass, cure ?

cleverdicky, Mar 21, 7:17am
Anyone know how to get the sealed headlight glass sparkling again, as it appears that discolouration is on the inside.

kiwi-d, Mar 21, 7:17am
polish it with autosol

jezz43, Mar 21, 7:18am
open it, use a fine grit wet n dry sandpaper to clean it, rinse it out, or use cutting compound

kiwi-d, Mar 21, 7:20am
what kind of car headlight are we talking

gtrmotorsport, Mar 21, 7:58am
Are we talking Polycarbonate lens's or glass! if polly lamps autosol and buff buff. it will take the yellow sun damage away but some instances the polly is too damaged and when your lights are on you can see hazing.

cleverdicky, Mar 21, 8:32am
The car is Toyota Supra , and you can't open the sealed unit

gtrmotorsport, Mar 21, 8:41am
Just use autosol dude it will look better in the daytime but still not too flash at night. the can be opened up by putting them in the oven at a very low temp to warm the glue holding the lens's on but its a big hassel. otherwise new lamps i got a pair for my JZA80 face lift from toyota ex japan for just a tad over 1k each but was worth it for me.

cute_1, Mar 21, 11:40am
Try Brasso or car polish. Auto Glym Radaint Wax polish works a treat.

foxdonut, Mar 21, 12:11pm
Better than sitting there for an hour with Autosol:

Get a 4 litre tub of generic brand engine degreaser from the warehouse (its pink and costs about 9 bucks)

Spray it on using a sprayer, or just apply plenty with a rag.

Count to 20 and you will literally see the yellow coming off.

Rinse with plenty of water. This will turn the lense a cloudy colour but don't stress.

Now use the autosol. It'll be much easier and give a flawless finish.

If you're washing the car, do this step before you wash, not after. the degrease will cut through soap, wax or polish and leave you with streaks.

Its also a pretty good substitute for bars bugs in the window washer, you only need a tablespoon worth.

cleverdicky, Mar 21, 10:24pm
Thanks guys, I will try the remedies and post the results back here, not sure about the melting the glue process although sounds logical, has anyone done it successfully !

elvis58, Mar 22, 8:43am
Philip, go to the $1, 2 3 shop by Farmers on george street, buy a bottle of LA's totallt awesome all purpose cleaner for $4.50, spray it on lense and be amazed as i was at how easy it does the job. You will need to buff off with a dry cloth or maybe even a quick polish afterwards.This stuff is brilliant.If you do it, please report back on how it went as i have suggested this before. I've done opel omega headlights, estima, duet and galant,all been great!

girlracer2005, Mar 22, 9:19am
re-po paint doctor best thing ive ever used

deanfreeman, Mar 22, 8:55pm