Sale price bargain?

dublo, Sep 21, 4:05am
Dashed in to ripco today, the last day of their sale, for a "45% discount price" (was $45, sale price $27) mini compressor. Cheaper than a hand pump and a compact item to have in the corner of the boot just in case it is needed.
I thought that, at $45 retail, it would be better than the $20 ones in the opposition chain store - then while browsing in the big mitre box hardware store happened to spot exactly the same thing (even the Chinese to English translated instructions had the same mistakes!) at only $20 full price.
Bugger! 20% of the price of a bottle of whisky lost. At least it seems to work ok and pumps a car tyre at about 2 pounds per square inch per minute. The 0 - 250 pounds gauge, however, is just a joke.

frank1, Sep 21, 4:35am
Guess that's why some call them Ripco!

muzz67, Sep 21, 5:26am
They've been trying to flog small petrol water-blasters for $499,, bought one from placemakers for $249. Works a treat! (PMs have since had them for $199 DOH!)

darryl, Sep 21, 6:45am
I priced a wheel bearing from Holden for a Rodeo - $80.

But Holden had to order it in so went to repco hoping they would have one, and they did - for $213. Which is why they probably still had it.

dublo, Sep 21, 8:00am
But when I went to ripco last year for a Triumph 2000 front suspension ball joint they gave me such a good discount I bought two!

v8_mopar, Sep 21, 8:14am
I just got a wheel bearing from Ford for, sit down, $420 plus gst and fitting. Could not find an aftermarket one

darryl, May 26, 1:28am
eeekk . I'm used to classic cars where wheel bearings cost $40 lol