Not 100% motoring but opinions wanted.

Page 1 / 2
poppajn, Sep 15, 7:35am
Your right, its not motoring, now off you go, try catorgies, solutions perhaps.

xacoon, Sep 15, 7:38am
second one looks art deco, whereas the first one looks more western themed

attitudedesignz, Sep 15, 7:38am
Yes you would be one of the *^#ks whos opinion i DO NOT respect, so off you go.

rob_man, Sep 15, 7:38am
Looks a bit Tutenkhamen, effective though.

bjdw, Sep 15, 7:39am
Looks like a coffin

grangies, Sep 15, 7:40am
1st image make me think of death, dark themes.

2nd image makes me think of conservative Christian/catholic church.

Both look great, but both look rather serious and no-nonsense type themes.

jezz43, Sep 15, 7:41am
gotta love the haters. looks good mate. you should do airbrushing

h.e, Sep 15, 7:43am
both very well done a credit to your ability.but in my opinion theres no beauty in straight lines

richard198, Sep 15, 7:43am
Both look art Deco.

attitudedesignz, Sep 15, 7:44am
Always wanted to do a coffin, but it's one of those things that doesn't get talked 'bout.

attitudedesignz, Sep 15, 7:45am
Cheers, that's what i was trying to get.

gunhand, Sep 15, 7:46am
Its hard to place the theme on the 2nd one, look almost oriental but then again almost new york skyline. Still very good though. What was the customers brief!
And course its motoring, its got automotive paint on it.
As for Num 2 comment, for one who contributes very little except sarcasm he shouldnt contribute at all.

xacoon, Sep 15, 7:47am
'tis the wagon wheels top and bottom does it, and I think art deco, well in my eyes anyway, seems to be big on square corners, especially the square loops like on the second one, but it is the lines top and bottom that scream art deco to me.

gunhand, Sep 15, 7:48am
Think you would find a bit of work doing coffins, not that unusuall to see painted up ones, HUUUGGGGE market out there if you have the resoures etc to do it.

attitudedesignz, Sep 15, 7:51am
Yeah i thought the 2nd has an oriental look.

Customer just said " i want a fridge like that one" when she saw 1st one, told her it wouldn't do it the same as then it's not a one of a kind, so she said "ok some thing like that"

I'm a bit worried it's a little too oriental tho'.

gunhand, Sep 15, 7:53am
Have they seen it yet!and do you give them a scetch or if ya real clever a computer image before you paint them!

supernova2, Sep 15, 7:55am
At first glance 2nd one looks like a pool table.IMHO its sorta artdeco but I think most art deco things are creams pinks and light blues rather than black.Just my 2c worth

grangies, Sep 15, 7:58am
Reminded me of New York too.

Empire State Building etc.

So that would be perfect art deco I guess.

bopbargains, Sep 15, 8:02am
I thinkthe colourchooseis the problem. I had my old fridge painted a British racing green withametallic flake.Iput somepictures onit and then a clear coat over them toseal them up.

ginga4lyfe, Sep 15, 8:03am
to be honest it kinda looks like the trim you would see on a piano, it doesnt quite suit it, but its still ahellova load better than plain white

attitudedesignz, Sep 15, 8:06am
Yep, i know where ya coming from, but with the first fridge i was going for the 1930s Art Deco bank safe look.

flat_white_ltd, Sep 15, 10:39am
( g'day John ).I reckon that ( like most artists ) you're worrying too much.
Anyone would be proud to own either, as they are both one-offs.
.You forget,. most people only see an over-all effect.
while the finer points aren't exactly lost on them,.they still couldn't tell exactly WHAT they like or what does it for them. it either does, or doesn't.
Have a little more confidence in your talent / skills.

(edit to say. for the record, .
I see #1 as deco,
& #2 as deco / meets late Ming Dynasty. )
:) :)

budgel, Sep 15, 10:56pm
Lighten up, do away with the funereal look! IMHO

friendly_prawn, Sep 15, 11:00pm
funny you say that, every time I have seen these pictures ( I saw the first one when you posted it) I kept thinking for some strange reason they remind me of old safes.

friendly_prawn, Sep 15, 11:02pm
I reckon you'd get away with gluing a safe lock and handle on them. You wouldprobably have a safe cracker pinch your fridge and blow it up with dynamite. lol