Motorcycle Finance

nita.g, Sep 14, 7:00am
Can you apply for motor cycle finance without a motor cycle licence!.I want to but a bike for a present but dont have the licence.

gunhand, Sep 14, 7:03am
Cant see why not as long as you have the ability to pay. You may want to buy something to sit in your lounge room and never ride for all they know.

sw20, Sep 14, 7:11am
Sounds like a good idea. Ducati 916 would be great in the corner of my living room.

carstauranga001, Sep 14, 7:41am
You can apply but any reputable finance company will decline your application. Basically you would be a large risk as an unlicenced and thus uninsured rider.

m16d, Sep 14, 7:48am
Got nothing to do with a licence. If you've got a job and an income they'll lend you money on anything.

bubbles52, Sep 14, 10:06am
personal loan can,vechile finance wont as you wont be insured

bm4, Sep 14, 11:00am
i know of someone riding a harley on a restricted had an accident and insurance paid for new bike even though he was riding on wrng class

bitsy_boffin, Sep 14, 10:15pm
Insurance Law Reform Act 1977, Section 11 comes into play.To decline a claim, it must be done so for a reason which directly contributed to or caused the reason for the claim.

The insurer also presumably knew when they sold the policy what license the rider had, and what bike they were insuring.

danni_2254, Sep 14, 10:25pm
Yamaha Motor Fianance won't unless its a dirt bike that can't be made road legal.

budgel, Sep 15, 1:03am
Dont borrow money for depreciating assets. If you can afford to pay back a loan, save up for it instead.

cmx4eva, Sep 15, 8:35am
save the cash up first-youll get a better deal when initally making a one off all up payment-beats paying interest!

bm4, Sep 15, 9:28pm
rubbish i paid for a new harley in full upon pickup and no discount whatsoever not even the first service!

crzyhrse, Sep 15, 9:38pm
Sounds like they had you pegged as a sucker from day one (well, you were buying a harley, so I guess that's a given). Furthermore, perhaps you're just not a good negotiator.

tigertim20, Sep 16, 12:36am
I doubt it. If you are financing, you will need to get full insurance, which no company will want to give you if you arent licenced at all.
Frankly, if you have to finance a gift, you cant afford the gift.
Different if it was for yourself, but shit, financing a gift for someone else! f*%$ that

tigertim20, Sep 16, 12:39am
then you are a fool.
My local shop hanst charged me full price for anything in two and a half years, whether my purchasebe thousands, or just a few bucks, I always get discounts.
If you bought a new bike Id have asked what they were prepared to chuck in, if they said nothing, Id have said 'sweet as, the shop down the road will' and my cash would have walked.

jono450, Sep 16, 1:01am
totaly agree never pay window price ever! my local shop are the same hell sometimes they give me some shit 4 free

bm4, Sep 16, 2:22am
the model i got was all sold out till the next year if i didnt want it they had someone else lined up also tried the other dealerships in nz all said the same thing

tigertim20, Sep 16, 4:33am
then you should still have threatened to go spend your money on the new, incoming model elsewhere!

bm4, Sep 16, 7:35am
also tried the other dealerships in nz all said the same thing

nita.g, Nov 5, 2:07pm
Dont judge me.I wouldnt be looking for finance if I were feeling insecure about it.And as for financing, If I can cover the repayments, i can afford it and the same could be said about home owners