Another clutch question.

bjdw, Sep 16, 8:42am
There are two intersections I go through every day where there is a backwards slope.When I stop at these intersections, instead of sitting on the break or using the handbrake I use a balance of clutch and gad to keep the car still.How bad is this for my clutch!

Thanks.

mugenb20b, Sep 16, 8:50am
Very!

andrea_w, Sep 16, 8:59am
Really, really bad.

bjdw, Sep 16, 9:04am
How did I manage to spell brake break!

And that should say "gas" not "gad"

Damn, really is it bad bad!

How many hours labour would you estimate for a clutch kit on a 94 Sentra!

Cheers.

mugenb20b, Sep 16, 9:14am
Too much Vodka maybe!

mugenb20b, Sep 16, 9:18am
If it's not stuffed then there's no point changing it. The clutch can be done in 3 to 4 hours if you know what you're doing. You have to change the pressure plate, release bearing and spigot bearing (if it's got one), and readjust the cable when the job is done. The clutch fork must have a 1/4 inch free play.

bjdw, Sep 16, 9:18am
You must read a lotta threads and have a long memory.

bjdw, Sep 16, 9:19am
^ but yeah, you got it.

mugenb20b, Sep 16, 9:19am
^^^^^^ You've done it again! LMAO! And, yes it's the worst thing you can do when sitting at the lights.

bjdw, Sep 16, 9:22am
It's not stuffed yet, but it seems that my driving habits make it inevitable that it will stuff out.

Cheers

mugenb20b, Sep 16, 9:23am
If it's not slipping, don't worry about it.

bjdw, Sep 16, 9:30am
It's not slippining yet, but maybe I need to change the way I do things at intersections.

mugenb20b, Sep 16, 9:36am
Would help, but it may be years before you need a clutch overhaul. I "abuse" the clutch on our workshop ute daily by carrying or towing excessive loads. The bloody thing just won't die.

mrfxit, Sep 16, 9:46am
Spose to be EGADS
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php!term=egads

& that other mistake could BREAK the bank if you do it too often.

snoopy221, Sep 16, 10:43am
READ.Both ya vodka cluchin threads.
Biggest thing here is just release ya clutch adjustment and grease the roller pivot on the pedal end of the clutch cable and then adjust the cable-as mentioned above in this thread.
oh and ave annudda voddie-LOL

bjdw, Sep 16, 10:52am
that just made me cross eyed

andrea_w, Sep 16, 11:02am
Well. stop reading and get back to drinking!

carkitter, Sep 16, 11:13am
Only a little bit bad, depending on how long you 'ride' the clutch and how much gas you use. Best to use the handbrake if you feel you'll be riding the clutch for too long. If you can smell the clutch, that's really, really bad.

dagon1, Oct 30, 2:07pm
sorry to jump on your thread . im having a problem with myclutchwhen im releasing it out to get going it has a weird sound when im lifting my foot of the clutch pedal but only does it from stand still 1st gear or reverse.2yrs ago had the clutch done i dont think its that is it! or is itsomething to do with the clutch cable! my car is legnum vr4 cheers