Auto electrician help needed

pugmyre, Sep 21, 1:48am
I have a 1992 Honda Del Sol sports car.Speedo has been going a bit stupid lately - start, stop, start, stop - someone tells me it could be a Trannsducer, where would I get one and where do I find it on the car!Being a woman, I'm learning these things.Any help appreciated.

ginga4lyfe, Sep 21, 3:08am
trannsducer! thats a new one! it could be anything, from a broken wire to a dry solder joint, normally its the VSS that acts up, but if its that the check engine light shows up randomly, so take it to auto electrician, they will be able to find and fix it ( if they cant they are useless! )

bae13, Sep 23, 9:44am
on ya ginga4lyfe saying if and auto electrician cant fix it they are useless. how would you know! you clearly have no idea, the transducer is the speedo transducer/speed sensor/vehicle speed sensor/outputshaft sensor.
what ever you want to call it.

pugmyre,
the transducer is the most likely cause, they are very prone to failure like this on a honda, but other likely hoods are the speedo its self or a wiring problem. if your a betting person change the transducer this has the highest odds of being the fault, most wreckers would charge 30-80 bucks for one

metallicafan21, Sep 23, 9:47am
First Rule of Thumb, Never buy a Honda .

pugmyre, Sep 24, 1:43am
bae13 - yes you are correct.Went and bought a Transducer - $60, all goes well now.

Hey metallicafan21, first Honda owned did 460,000 kms with no motor/gearbox probs.I think Hondas are great.And I don't play Metallica on my stereo, it will ruin it.

cypherboy, Sep 24, 5:16am
Are you more of a Adam Lambert/Justin Bieber fan are you!

pugmyre, Sep 24, 5:26am
No.But I have the whole collection of Barry Manilow.Hee hee hee.If you've got the time, we can play them all over a couple of days.

owene, Sep 24, 11:35am
Dry joint in the panel to which the spedo itself is mounted. Betya 10:1 it's that.

unclejake, Sep 24, 1:30pm
Betcha 100:1 it was the transducer

owene, Sep 24, 8:27pm
pugmire - can you let us know what it finally was at fault!

pugmyre, Sep 24, 9:42pm
UNCLEJAKE & OTHERS:Tore out the dashboard, NO Problem up top.

Replaced the TRANSDUCER, works fine now.Total cost $60.Not $300 - $400 figure we were being told.Thanks guys for your input.

Score:unclejake 1.Owene 0.

bigfatmat1, Sep 25, 12:30am
omg can people not read! post #5 says what the problem was!

stacie_nz, Sep 25, 7:06am
do u smoke in it

owene, Sep 25, 7:28am
undejake - I owe you a beer.

pugmyre, Sep 25, 7:47am
GOOD ON YA MATE!

unclejake, Nov 17, 4:09pm
+10

:-)