Car groomer and auto electrician needed Chch.

grover13, Sep 30, 7:19pm
I have a 1989 Nissan Safari with 60,000km on it.
My folks imported it from Japan in 2004 where it was a Fire Chief's communications vehicle.
All the radios and flashing lights were taken off it but it now has an electrical fault that causes the batteries to go flat in a couple of days and I don't have the experience to track it down.
It has been sitting outside not getting used and is looking shabby but I need to turn it into money so am looking for recommendations of a good auto sparky and a good car groomer to get it ready for sale.

I'd appreciate recommendations.
Thanks in advance.

tony9, Sep 30, 10:02pm
Where abouts in Chch are you?

grover13, Sep 30, 11:41pm
Just past Motukarara. Bout 30 mins out of town.

mm12345, Sep 30, 11:51pm
http://www.vantageauto.co.nz/

Glad to see they've reopened after a fire earlier this year. Top class outfit, and price jobs very fairly.

As for the Safari, my guess would be that some of the radio gear etc which has been removed was 12v. Somewhere, there's likely a 24-12v converter used to power that gear and "always on" (ie even if ignition is off) and it may still be connected. It will continue to draw current even with nothing connected to it.
Could be something else of course, but that seems likely.

tony9, Oct 1, 1:47am
If it was closer I would volunteer a look.

Are you sure the battery is OK? If it is tired it could go flat be itself in a few days.

grover13, Oct 1, 4:25am
Thanks (and you mm12345) but I tried putting 2 brand new fully charged batteries in it. They went flat in a matter of days.

I think I'll take it to the pro's mentioned above.

Still looking for a good groomer.

pandai, Oct 1, 4:37am
CCV car grooming