Swap Primera for Manual rsk B4

jason18, Sep 6, 8:29pm
Hey Guys, Been asked if I would like to swap a stock standard RSK B4 2002 Legacy. It has full service history since 2006 when it entered country. 1 Owner, Only thing he did with it was an alarm. Owned by an older guy. It is a manual TT. Would this be easier to sell on compared to our Primera. Being Black Manual TT it would probably appeal to more than our 04 P12!. Searching through these threads I can find a few happy owners of the B4 TT and some with problems. But same goes for CVT primeras!Whats your thoughts. We would probably keep for a few months until we find a xr6 we like.

richardmayes, Sep 6, 8:35pm
If you are one of the people that gets a good run out of a TT B4, you probably won't trade it for that XR6!

If you are one of the people who gets a bad run out of a TT B4, you will rue the day you met the sly old bugga.

Why does he want to swap!

jason18, Sep 6, 8:35pm
Oh mostly Open road driving has 136kms and the cambelt done at 130km. He needs a bigger car due to a new addition to the family

jason18, Sep 6, 8:36pm
We have two kids but are looking for something more fun to drive. I have an AU wagon so love my fords. And are keen for a BA Turbo.

jsbike, Sep 6, 8:42pm
price on both them seems to be about the same. id say both are as hard to sell as each other, so a bit of a pointless swap if you dont plan on keeping the subaru

jason18, Sep 6, 8:45pm
Oh really wouldnt I be able to entise a backward cap wearing fulla into a TT manual! I have had 2 enquires on the Primera for about two months. .Probably cos I dont want to drop in price lol

trogedon, Sep 6, 8:56pm
Better the Devil you know.

jason18, Sep 6, 8:59pm
hahah well yeah

jsbike, Sep 6, 9:08pm
you prob could entice a backward wearing cap fella on a TT, after the price is dropped and he makes sure he's able to get a loan to get the car. I figured that both were worth around the same by looking at prices on trademe, but thats only what people want, very few of either car are actually selling. you need to stand out to sell, ie drop the price.

jason18, Sep 6, 9:28pm
yeah thing is I don't want to drop price haha. its not a big deal to us. Would be happy driving a Subaru if its reliable as it will be alot more fun than a 2lt primera. What are main things that go wrong! I know autos weren't good as mate had one with faulty automatic. And it had a sticky waste gate, other than that it was pretty good with 230kms on clock.

jason18, Sep 6, 9:29pm
Yes that's true.

jamstew, Sep 6, 10:36pm
just make sure you service it regularly, be aware that the headgaskets enjoy doing strange things, but they might have solved that problem by 2002. They are a hell of a lot of fun to drive, i would definitely say do it, having owned a 2000 GTB (pretty much the same just a wagon, and a little bit older), was an awesome drive, and really regret selling it!

europa2, Sep 17, 1:12am
i have a 1993 subaru legacy, single turbo, has no wof or rego though. for wof needs 4 new tyres and a tail light. not sure about rego

jasongroves, Sep 17, 1:19am
What has that got to do with anything! Lol.

hijacka, Sep 17, 8:06am
Gee I would think that changing from a RSK to a XR6 would be a down grade, my one beats manual XR8's and if your one doesn't then its not running right. also think swapping it for a primera is almost laughable :). As above if you can get one thats been treated right then go for it but be careful! The 1 i'm selling at the mo was a lemon but had the price tag to go with it. had blown headgasket or worse (haven't got around to pulling it apart yet) but water in oil,over heating and comp tested cly2(30psi)and cyl4(60psi) didn't bother checking the others but amazingly enough it still ran and idled mint but there it goes farked at 140kms.also farked gearbox and fuel pump.
The primary turbo gets quite a workout and its often replaced with another primary turbo from another model and makes it run like shit as the turbos have to be matched. found that with my old GTB i sold on here when i bought it it had a vf13 when it should have had a vf18, same thing again with the one im selling, it had a vf18 when i bought it and should have had a vf26, Best thing you can do to a twin turbo legacy is convert it to single turbo.the VOD sucks

miniclubmangt, Sep 17, 9:03am
How do you tell if the Primary turbo is the wrong turbo! Mine has a vf26 in it.What side is the primary turbo on! Passenger side!

wellabolla, Sep 17, 9:11am
We are looking for a manual B4.how much would you want for it!
Might be able to sort out a "quick sale"
Gav

hijacka, Sep 17, 9:24am
Yes on the passenger sided should be paired with a vf27

phillip.weston, Sep 17, 9:27am
I would say he would be looking for the $8500 he's after for the Primera.

jason18, Sep 17, 7:13pm
We going to keep the Subaru. Its mint

kevymtnz, Sep 17, 7:24pm
keep the nissan it will last longer
but as for the CVT im not quite sure not many talk about them
but for Subarus there are lots of donts, fun they maybe but they are the most common car in garages getting something fixed

_peas, Sep 18, 3:37am
Subaru do have their fair share of horror stories but they are a very very common car on the road too.If there are twice as many legacys as say camrys (hypothetical example, I'm not quoting numbers here) you would expect to see more in garages. you certainly see more on the roads.

jason18, Sep 18, 6:17am
Well deal is done. Has a recon primary turbo put on because the original one was starting to whine. He is happy I am happy. Drives great.

hijacka, Nov 5, 5:51am
Excellent!