Nissan Primera Hyper CVT M6

blacktulip, Sep 27, 6:01am
Does anyone know of common problems with these, I am female and I love my car and dont let anyone drive it but circumstances dictated that I had to the other day, it only went about 160kms distance, was still running when it came home and 2 hours later it wouldnt start at all, all the lights on the dash up there but it just wont do anything.Ideas from those that might know please.

jason18, Sep 27, 6:03am
Did you leave lights on! Batt flat! Immobiliser! Alarm installed!

cjdnzl, Sep 27, 6:17am
Gear lever not in Park!Do the dash lights go out when starter used! If so could be the alternator has failed, or drive belt to alternator broken.Unlikely to be the battery, but could be dirty battery posts/connectors.You need someone with a bit of knowledge on how to diagnose your problem.Whatever it is, I don't think it was caused by your lending the vehicle.

carmedic, Sep 27, 6:20am
Starter motors.

blacktulip, Sep 27, 6:37am
Whats an immobiliser.
I dont know much about tiptronics but it may have been hammered a bit, I dont use that part at all,the driver did say it may be a sensor, does a sensor light come up on the dash ! How would he know that, Sorry Im so vague.

jason18, Sep 27, 6:49am
Immobiler is part of your alarm. Do you have an alarm on the car.

jason18, Sep 27, 6:50am
I dont think the CVT would stop the car from starting unless there is a sensor stopping it from realising the trans is in park. Try start in Neutral!

blacktulip, Sep 27, 7:43am
Thanks for your suggestions, no there is no alarm and I tried it in neutral and nothing.

bigfatmat1, Nov 25, 8:50am
very common so common I could do the job blind folded with my toes