Car jacking

thea4, Sep 17, 6:02am
The young mother has had afrightening experience but why do people drive with their car unsecured! It takes a very short time to lock all doors so they cannot be opened from outside.

clark20, Sep 17, 6:27am
Because this is NZ, not South Africa

cowboy110, Sep 17, 6:36am
+2.because I shouldn't have to lock myself in when I'm driving my car.The day I feel I have to.I'm outta here.

johnf_456, Sep 17, 6:39am
Just read about it now that's crazy

phillip.weston, Sep 17, 6:43am
it's not hard to smash a window and open the door from the inside.

cmx4eva, Sep 17, 11:50am
ill leave all that kinda crap to the n-its their cup of tea and far from mine

carkitter, Sep 17, 10:25pm
Actually, I think it is quite hard to break a car window unless you happen to be carrying a large hammer.

loose.unit8, Sep 17, 10:28pm
Then it'll be time for those wing mirror mounted flame throwers.!

the_don_61, Sep 17, 10:50pm
S.A BMW option 100% legal in S.A only

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=fDrzMGdYWZc

elect70, Sep 17, 11:03pm
rrarein Nz, day I cant drive with my window downits time to get out of NZ

crzyhrse, Sep 17, 11:20pm
Or a small spring loaded centre punch.

bill-robinson, Sep 17, 11:25pm
and go where!

thea4, Sep 17, 11:48pm
Well now as usual there are a lot of "it wll never happen to me ----head in the sand "New Zealanders, and yes Iv'e been one but having had a friend have this happen while waiting at traffic lights, locking doors are now my thing.She was forced to drive 150km.by a man who got in the passenger door.
And yes I still drive with the window open a little as the inside lock is very low so getting an arm in to open it isn't easy.
I really hope none of you have her experience.

tigertim20, Sep 18, 12:53am
you shouldnt have to lock your house to avoid burglary
you shouldnt have to secure your internet connection to prevent cyber crime against you
you shouldnt have to tell your kids that strangers can be dangerous

Shouldnt have to do alot of things, but you do. NZ is still one of the safest places to live in the world, where else are you going to go!

sw20, Sep 18, 12:54am
Canada. I hear they have cheap cars!

bill-robinson, Sep 18, 1:03am
Been there done that, to b****y cold in winter,

rocker_553, Sep 18, 7:29am
lol, you wouldn't last a month in a Canadian winter. I took 16 years of it and I'm never leaving good old NZ!

sw20, Sep 18, 7:35am
Eh! I went out with a young lady from Winnipeg once upon a time, gets cold there in the winter. -40 with the wind chill.

You fellas ever seen an ugly Canadian girl! I think they are a myth.

weaver2010, Sep 18, 7:53am
Haha I work with one!She is one Fugly looking woman.

clark20, Sep 18, 9:12am
Edit I hate with a passion the car alarms that lock your door at 50km/h, you stop to let someone in or out and they are a real pain.

If you read further into it a guy also helped them out, with some food and water etc. IF you were in a country where everyone needed to lock their cars doors, then nobody would stop and help. Some people get shot, I am not about to wear a protection vest.
I do feel for her, just wrong place-wrong time.

bevharris1938, Nov 4, 3:53pm
I'd love one of them to fry the window cleaners at intersections and outside shops