Courier - race car seats

geedubu, Nov 11, 3:30am
I have scored a couple of race seats ex dunedin on trademe (bit of an impulse buy, but there you go) but find they are a bit too big to send via my usual Courier Post.What's a good outfit to get them to Akl at a reasonable price (no hurry)

treachug, Nov 11, 3:42am
PBT Transport is reasonably priced (& amazingly quick). We use them at work for sending our car parts all over Nz

geedubu, Nov 12, 1:06am
Thanks, I'll give them a call on Monday (seats seem to be a sort of in-between item, not too heavy, not too bulky, but just big enough to cross the courier threshold & take you into expensive carriers territory!)

elect70, Nov 12, 2:38am
Conroy Transportvery reasonable if not in a hurrymay take a week , waits till truck is full

geedubu, Nov 12, 2:58am
All good thanks, the more options the better, I probably paid too much taking possible freight into account!

geedubu, Nov 12, 4:37am
Any other options!Although the current suggestions seem worth checking.

toppo1, Nov 12, 8:53am
Mainfreight, just get them dropped of at the depot in Dunedin and sent to the depot closest to you. Get the seller to write your phone number on the consignement note and they will call you when the arrive and you go pick them up, easy as

saefuji, Nov 12, 11:02am
Shipmytrade.co.nz ship carparts. Get a "large items" quote online (normally instant).

shuddupowh, Feb 22, 10:50pm
PBT no good, you need an account to send with them. Mainfreight good but expensive and dont home delivery only for heaps extra.I forgot the name of the courier I used last year, but I sent some rollbars for a Ute down to Invercargil (some rural area) for $100 which was $50 cheaper than Mainfreight and they done home delivery. Will try search and figure out who they were.but I think their main branch was here in Hamilton although they deliver all over NZ.