Ford Courier 2003 air filter system

kazbanz, Nov 22, 8:58pm
hey guys. My dad Owns a 2003 ford courier ute. he lives at the end of 7km of dusty dirt roads. His 2003 Ford courier ute keeps getting a badly blocked up air filter.The air intake for the filter is low down inside the front corner of the car.
Has anyone heard of a modification or factory fitting that allows the air to suck from a cleaner source!
I thought snorkle up the pillar but he's not keen on that plan.I also wondered about some sort of flap so it sucked air from inside the engine bay for the 7km he's on dirt.

mugenb20b, Nov 23, 6:33am
Snorkle is a good but expensive option. You can get an air filter pre cleaner, which is basically just a swirl pot. As the air gets in, the heavy particles fall to the bottom of the bowl, then you simply unclip it and shake it out. Early Hiluxes and Mitsi L200s / Tritons had them factory fitted, but even then, the filters used to get clogged up if left for too long.

skin1235, Apr 2, 5:54pm
re-route it to up near the front of the bonnet, tuck it as far forward as you can and try for through the valance plate so it is forward of the rear of the radiator at least

ie get it to cleaner air - they are swines for dust and water swirl in the engine bay

note though, spare a thought to air quality when it's hammering down, just behind the light bucket is often better than further forward but under the edge of the bonnet dripline