Who has bought a car under the influence on TM

fordkiwi27, Nov 16, 7:14am
hit the buy now or bid on a car or bike etc and won.any stories!

stevo2, Nov 16, 7:17am
Ha. This will be good. Might just grab a beer and watch.

dr.doolittle, Nov 16, 8:41am
I bought a van(L300) once that came with a free quad in the back. I thought afterwards."What the hell am I doing!" but managed to sell the van to backpackers & the quad became 'profit'.
I've bought a few things over the years while 'under the influence' & been lucky perhaps not to 'do any doh', so to speak. Not so much lately.

rotormotor7, Nov 16, 9:37am
only diecast ones.

richard198, Nov 16, 9:40am
The influence of drugs, alcohol or jazz!
You will buy European.I will buy European.

thejazzpianoma, Nov 16, 9:45am
LOL
Me. influence. never!

sifty, Nov 16, 7:01pm
been VERY close, drunken bid (home from pub), auction closing, seconds to go and I realised I had no money and the wife would twist my nuts off, 3 secs to go someone else bid, THANK F.

gmphil, Nov 17, 2:07am
sleep deprived lol
was about one in morning looking at fixed price offer should i or shouldnt i .
woke up couple hours later to a congrates screen lol.
guess was meant to be $350 notes for a vn 186kms i drove home.
motor now in my luv ute goin strong so worked at all good

the_don_61, Nov 17, 2:41am
+1.

brought a ute up north.
O well it was cheap.train to picton. boat. train for anther couple of hours.

The ute.O I can see now why it was cheap.
Paid.OMG.I got the hang of it about Picton.

Used it for a couple of months, sold it for a little more than I paid and a couple of fun days on the road.

Yes would do it again.

elect70, Nov 17, 3:02am
Went to an auctiononce to bid on car, was late getting there from the pub & a bit pissy eyed. Couldnt take it out for a testonly look at it . bought it& it wouldnt even gohad to tow it home . Spent arm & leg on it& flogged it 2 years later for1/4 price.

geedubu, Nov 17, 3:51am
Is there any other way to buy a car on TME!

roz12, Nov 17, 7:33am
3 years ago we bought our daughter a wee runabout car for 300 off here, it has served her well and she has bought another car and now daughter number 2 and I drive it, it was agood bargin very tidy and original condition

kcf, Nov 17, 7:15pm
On a whim definitely.But not while drunk :-)

I threw a bid on a Corolla that I hadn't even looked at, to use as a runabout while my car was scheduled to be off the road for a conversion from auto to manual and some other work.Ended up owning it as that was the one and only bid made on that auction (seller was not happily surprised).

It came with 3/4 of a tank of gas, excellent service history, goes like a rocket, and flew straight through it's next WOF check with a clean sheet.I think I've been running around in it for about two months now, and if only it had power steering I'd be keeping it instead of the far more expensive car!There's something appealing about a car that is so basic that the one feature that it has is a heater.

carclan, Mar 15, 2:15pm
Most of the time.