Who else collects new (old) car brochures

rotormotor7, Nov 18, 9:08pm
i collect mazda rotary ones.old and new school and random JDM ones.

carmedic, Nov 18, 9:30pm
I know a guy in the uk who has/does make a good living out of buying/selling and trading them.
Who'd of thunk it!

julian.walls, Nov 20, 2:15am
There is a good living to be made -know 2 guys in CHCH whom have been doing it for years. One of these is regularly at many of the CHCH Car club days

I Was lucky to get quite a few from 1997 Earls Motor Show - My Sister worked as a demonstrator at that show; some of the brochures include Lamborghini Diabo and 1 or 2 prototype makers that never really got off the ground .probably very rare now.

franc123, Nov 20, 2:27am
I remember the "Suddenly Sigma" TV ad that Mitsubishi made for that model, I wonder if a copy of it still exists somewhere!It would complement that collection nicely.

julian.walls, Nov 20, 2:35am
Is that the TV Advert with new Sigma Front wheel drive been driven surrounded by Grey coloured Hillman Hunters!

franc123, Nov 20, 3:05am
No it was definitely for the RWD model of about 1981-82, not the "grey grey world" ad of the FWD model, it was various shots of the Sigma from all different angles being driven on the road in a fairly wide open space (Desert Rd perhaps!) it was that kind of setting.The theme song from what I remember was "Suddenly Sigma, Mitsubishi Sigma, big and bold and beautiful, Suddenly Sigma".I don't think the flagship SE model with the digital dash and alloy wheels etc had been launched at that stage, it was either a GLX or Super Saloon that was used or could have even been both, thinking back 30 years here!

cummingsra1, Nov 20, 4:45am
Hey rotormotor, what is the book/mook under the RX2 road test in the first picture! The one with the RX3 coupe on the cover.
My collection tends towards rotary books.

rotormotor7, Nov 20, 7:32am
http://tinyurl.com/834o5xk one of these ^^^ near mint.has prototype sketches,pics andloads of info of the then NEW model Savanna (rx3) . the above seller is selling a capella (rx2) one as well

http://tinyurl.com/7x644bw

the prices are insane,i got mine for $55 on trademe :)

i too have loads of rotary books ;)

cummingsra1, Nov 20, 8:16am
Thanks rotormotor7, those prices are insane. Looks like I've got a new something to search for. Do you have any pics of your collection you can put up here!

rotormotor7, Nov 20, 7:12pm
dont want to hijack this thread and rather not on a public forum:).i could list a rusty old wheel nut for a 50c buynow if you really interested.

rotormotor7, Mar 25, 4:50pm
dont want to hijack this thread and rather not on a public forum:). listed a rusty old wheel nut for a 50c buynow if you really interested.