does anyone have any parts for a dx

trdbzr, Nov 21, 4:30am
check trademe.co.nz Parts connection Pick a part Wreckers

andy61, Nov 21, 4:31am
Is it a Cressida DX!

shazza541, Nov 21, 4:49am
starlet dx!, hiace dx!

phillip.weston, Nov 21, 4:50am
No silly, the LiteAce DX. Everyone knows there's only one kind of DX made ever!

mm12345, Nov 21, 4:58am
Does DX stand for anything meaningful, like GTHO and GTXLR!
I had a brand new "assembled in NZ" Toyota DX in 1981.The paint fell off it, first in little bits, then large flakes, then sheets.If the OP has one out of the batch I got, then the parts needed would be an entire body.

franc123, Nov 21, 5:03am
Yes DX is a spec designation, no different to GL or LX or GLX, you get the picture.DX is "usually" used in reference to early '80's Corollas of the KE70 series for some reason.Yes the paint thing was a known problem, it was a stuffup with preparation at the assembly plant here, a coating the panels were sprayed with after they were stamped in Japan was not removed properly before priming.It was a disaster for Toyota at the time.

phillip.weston, Nov 21, 6:02am
'DX' means 'this is quite possibly the absolute crappiest spec level available for this crappy line of cars this badge is affixed to'. Why people are excited about a base model unremarkable Corolla is beyond me - at least go for the GL, SE or GT models.

andrewph, Nov 21, 6:39am
Im guessing the gentleman means a KE70 Corolla Round headlights Tall indicators and steering box as oposed to rack with a 4k motor.Nothing like a smartarse is there. LOL! DX is the grade also known as "povety pack" It came with a heater but the radio was extra.

phillip.weston, Nov 21, 7:32am
only the very early K series powered ones were steering box, they switched to rack quite early, however the models with T series engines still retained the steering box. DX badge was applied across the entire Corolla range in the 80s and early 90s - it could be an abovementioned KE70 or it could be an EE100 etc.

mm12345, Nov 21, 7:36am
That's not what the local toyota dealership told me.They scratched their heads for a long time - "ain't that the darndest thing - never seen that before".They kept this up for a year.

lk104, Nov 21, 11:32pm
Its has to be a KE70, EE100's werent around in 1981.

shazza541, Nov 22, 4:17am
starlets were, and cressida

kecal, Mar 28, 3:14am
yeri remember them corollas, my dad had one. when it hit the news thatthe paint was shit the toyota man didnt want toknow but eventually got a repaint.definitly a dx corolla.