Painted my car!

kiwicon, Nov 22, 12:53am
nice bonnet.

heywillhay1, Nov 22, 1:17am
Thanks, I added the black at last minute. thought it would break up the color a bit and make it a little more aggressive :)

trogedon, Nov 22, 1:25am
Good work. I'm not sure that "aggressive" and Honda Civic go together!

heywillhay1, Nov 22, 1:27am
Lol I know what you mean, especially this civic. however it does add a bit more character to it.

The job isn't perfect, as it was my first proper time, its shocking how many imperfections you miss which become clear when the metallic goes on :0 oh well

grangies, Nov 22, 1:55am
Sexy. (grille)

chrisdean007, Nov 22, 5:31am
KozmiK

bigjerry, Nov 22, 7:24am
Dude. You have scrubbed that old Honda up good. Great job and , Dare I say it, looks cool. Well done. You obviously followed through with a plan and the old girl gets a bit more of a life aye.

fordcrzy, Nov 22, 7:32am
what brand of paint did you use! what prep work did you do!

paull, Nov 22, 7:34am
great job mate,,,, ahhh i can remember using mums hoover for my first paint job,,, those were the days. over spray all over the garage walls and dads golf clubs,, sisters bike got a coat aswell.

hijacka, Nov 22, 7:49am
Step back and look at it and know ''you done that'' Hold your head high,
Well done looks smart!

Speaking of ''smart'' Bugger scotty20001's not around to pass comment lol,

heywillhay1, Nov 22, 8:48am
Cheers guys! Pretty proud of it now. I bought it a little over a year ago for 600 as a daily ran about while I was planning to fix my other car up (which I never did) and have since been working on this. I would like to think that it may fetch a little more than what I bought it for. I reckon there was about an average of 3 dents per panel, some big jobs. And it had rust under all the sills especially around the rear side windows. Took me over 6 months on and off doing body work

heywillhay1, Nov 22, 8:53am
As I said it's no where near the kind of job you would expect a pro to do however on saying that it still came out good despite my slim prepping. After doing the panel beating etc, the whole car was rubbed down with 240grit, then 400. (Probably could have gone further)
The paint on the body was Debeers 2 pot mixed by Wairau Paints and the Silver on the rims is just enamel from a spray can. 4 coats of clear went on top of it all.
The plastic trim was plastic primed before being sprayed in the same silver enamel too

heywillhay1, Nov 22, 8:55am
Cheers! I have to admit the plan was modified several as the work progressed! The final colour wasn't actually my initial intention but I went with it as the old mans VK needs respraying too so it was viable to buy the paint bulk.

dave653, Nov 22, 8:51pm
Nice job! Makes ya feel good, dunnit!

heywillhay1, Apr 1, 2:51pm
Definitely! It's such a turn around to the old look. I was worried that putting the rims on will make it look too tacky looking but I think they suit it