Classic Car magazines - older

socram, Nov 23, 6:28am
Simple question.I have a mountain of various UK classic and model car magazines right back to 1973, that I may well start listing in 2012.

Is it better to list in blocks of 12 (a year's worth) or a new listing for each magazine!

The reason I ask is that postage for one or two magazines in an A4 envelope is easy, but a block of 12 weighs a fair bit and means a trip to the post office more often than not.( I hate making up parcels.)

geedubu, Nov 23, 7:53am
I've got the same problem (probably an identical mountain - Thoroughbred & Classic Car & similar titles over the same kind of period).I'm thinking blocks of a year, despite postage hassle, because selling individual copies may involve a huge amount of work fishing through issues & answering enquiries about whether I have one with an article on this that or the other car.and I don't think I could face typing out 300 listings.

socram, Nov 23, 8:10am
My thoughts exactly!Wonder if there's an on line index!Their own website doesn't seem to have one - or didn't when I last looked.

Might start with listing all the odd, random copies of various magazines first. Time for them to go.I'm not getting any younger, so might as well get rid now.

geedubu, Nov 23, 8:31am
Indexing is pretty well out of the question.I even have problems sorting them into years.I seem to always get distracted by interesting articles I had forgotten about, start reading then shove the job aside for another day.

gooddealz2, Apr 4, 3:12pm
I can't be bothered googling at moment but Julian Walls who is on here has a site called 'car mag review' or similar.Check that out.He may have a brief description of your mags on there that you could use.From a personal viewpoint I'd be unlikely to want a whole years issues and would rather buy individually.I would buy a magazine that I don't already have if there was an article on Austin Sheerlines or Humber Super Snipes for instance but the classifieds etc become outdated very quickly.i like to dream a little but there's nothing worse than ten year old car adverts or business adverts where the company no longer exists or has changed address etc.I guess it all depends on what aspect of a particular magazine appeals.