Decent used car

Page 2 / 2
tshop, Jan 23, 7:43am
that looks alright would make a good rwd conversion too & Im talking from experience.

carkitter, Jan 23, 7:54am
Riiiiiiight.
So what you mean to say is that among Aucklanders who have enough money to regularly service their cars but choose not to get them serviced but a franchise dealer, and whose cars are outside of warranty period, (people who are likely a target market for a used late model Mondeo) they have more faulty Mondeos in your experience.

incar., Jan 23, 8:14am
I know of practically brand new Mondeo's having problems which are still under warranty, but if you guys want to persuade someone into buying a vehicle based on your own individual experiences (pleasant or not) then go for it, but are you also going to pay for their towing and repair bills! If not then please don't criticise my genuine advice.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 23, 8:20am
If you were to drive that then hop in to the A6 posted earlier I think you would find the A4 a poor second. That being the older sort of transition from old to new model.

That said its still a lot of car for the money but really the A6 is just streets ahead.

Again, thats really only a quirk of the age group, later A4's are technologically on a par.

If its near you though, perhaps take it for a run and see how you find it.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 23, 8:23am
As mentioned I might know of one coming up if that's of any help. Its a 2.4 2wd auto, elderly owner who has been fussy about the maintenance etc but wants a newer one.

Owner is my old neighbour, they have had it about 5 years or so now. Cambelt will be due again this year based on age. I think she just wanted to trade it in to save hassle but if anyone was keen I could enquire.

carkitter, Jan 23, 8:24am
Do tell.
Please add to the collective knowledge base. If the Mk IV Mondeo is a lemon we definately want to know.

carkitter, Jan 23, 8:31am
Thanks but I might pass. I've got my eye on a Quattro which is an auto (prefer a manual) but has low kms and nice 17" wheels.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 23, 8:32am
LOL, I was waiting for the "only used for church on Sundays" quip. Actually owner is a She and wouldn't know how. Has something like 120K on the clock from memory.
She uses it around town sure but also regularly takes it up to Coromandel etc so its use is fairly typical

thejazzpianoma, Jan 24, 11:06pm
No worries, I thought something like that might suit you better!