Nearly 10 year old car with 1,700 genuine k's!

Page 1 / 2
tgray, Nov 30, 3:31am
That's 170 k's a year (3 a week)
Even if you believe it, try convincing the next owner when it comes to selling it on.

trogedon, Nov 30, 3:42am
It??

tigra, Nov 30, 3:44am

trogedon, Nov 30, 3:52am
Fat, ugly people get more looks at the public pools too (no offence to fat, ugly people of course!).

trdbzr, Nov 30, 3:53am
definitely looks dodgy and possibly a odo swap BUT it is also quite possible as well that it has genuinely done those km's

phillip.weston, Nov 30, 3:59am
why bother paying $10k for a nearly 10 year old example when you can pay half the price for something with less than 80,000kms! Is it really worth paying an extra $5k! I'm sure the reliability between 2,000kms and 80,000kms will be exactly the same.

moosie_21, Nov 30, 5:36am
There's no way. If the owner/dealer has to go on about it for more than 10 lines then there's something dodgy about it.

franc123, Nov 30, 5:54am
If all of its 1700km has been amassed as a series of short cold runs, possibly at the rate of only a couple of km a week as has been suggested its the sort of car you should AVOID, not buy.I would agree the wording of that listing is both excessive and at times bizarre.

foxdonut, Nov 30, 6:09am
Someone needs to tell him its still a ten year old Japanese import.

Its only saving grace is that its (probably) a chain drive. Otherwise it'll still need a new fuel filter, hoses, fluids etc.

Guarantee there'd be some pitting on the pistons and an infinite number of other potential problems with the engine to come.

Phillip is right, in fact, I reckon the same car with 80k on the dial would be a better car.

rhys5, Nov 30, 9:38am
I can't even find any for $5000 on trade me. I will check again next week

pauloc, Nov 30, 10:25am
A lot of cars with the 'bob down your uncle chair" don't get used much in Japan, obviously used for disabled people. The passengers seat is usely a nuisance for able bodied people as it usually ( may not be the case here) go back and forward

shuddupowh, Nov 30, 11:26am
Looks f--king ugly. If anyone bought that they deserve to have it die on them. Im sure cars from Japan are getting uglier.

tgray, Nov 30, 7:09pm
It's also the pre facelift model.
02 was a year they updated the look.

kazbanz, Nov 30, 7:29pm
um er um--actually I find low k cars sell fairly well -But then what would I know.

ringo2, Nov 30, 8:17pm
LOL. I agree totally with you kaz but how can you compete with self styled Trade Me MB experts! Let's face it you only do it professionally for a living.

bryshaw, Nov 30, 8:45pm
And the brake cylinders would have some gooey fluid inside.

kazbanz, Nov 30, 8:54pm
Nope can't let that one go. On what basis are you making that statement!
From your multiple visits to Japan specifically targetting car service/roadworthy centres!
Are you even aware of the "WOF" requirements in Japan!
Please prove me wrong and tell me you have lived many years in Japan. You aren't just "assuming"

tgray, Nov 30, 9:02pm
I'm happy for the thread to go off in another direction (merits or otherwise of buying low K cars), but my point was there would be VERY VERY few cars that would average 3 k's per week for the last 10 years! Is winding forward legal! LOL.

kazbanz, Nov 30, 9:06pm
um toby -um ya know that website-check a silver march and a white vitz.
march has done 400km vitz 3500

bryshaw, Nov 30, 11:23pm
OK I will take your word on that.

un_known, Dec 1, 1:22am
holy crap it has no dials. that would drive me fucking mad looking at a little lcd screen in the middle of the dash.

foxdonut, Dec 1, 1:48am
The seller has gone to great lengths to go on about the low mileage. How hard would it be to write "full service history available" in the same advert!

mike107, Dec 1, 7:23am
If the Km were wrong it would not pass compliance on entry to NZ!

phillip.weston, Dec 1, 7:45am
What service history! Probably still has its original oil from the factory in it!

gunhand, Dec 1, 7:52am
If it was an XY coon or simaler you would be all over it like a rash saying how amazing it is with such low kms and how great it would be Blah Blah blah.
But its just a jappa and rubbish of course.