Volvo Performance reduced

lizyw, Jan 24, 4:22am
Hi, we have a xc70 volvo that without warning displayed a Performance reduced warning then lost full power while we were driving. From a little research, I can gather that it may be the Electronic Throttle body.has anybody come across this before (before we take it to the mechanics).
Thanks in advance.

lizyw, Jan 24, 4:33am
A little research has revealed this module has failed in all these models/make. They have been recalled in the US (approx 4yrs ago)and I know of one that has been replaced here in NZ. Trouble is Volvo NZ "don't know anything about it".how could they miss it really! I'll get hubby to check the hose now. BTW have also been through two radiators in two years - could this be another issue Volvo had with the cooling fan!

lizyw, Jan 24, 4:50am
Thanks papariccardo - yes, very unfortunate, seems like I may have a battle on my hands - quoted $3,500 for a replacement.we can't drive the car safely, so I think someone should be answering to this.
I'll keep digging :)

intrade, Jan 24, 4:53am
forget to buy parts in nz i got me a heater core for my punto from germany while i was there 17euro they wanted 250$ here lol

intrade, Jan 24, 4:56am
tell me what volvo exactly and i look up what the part costs in europe they shipp to nz for 50 euro shipping fee
cx70 II or cx70 cross country and what engine ! 3.0 2.4! and what kw rating the engine is .
you can look your self they have the site now in english
http://seekpart24.com/

lizyw, Jan 24, 5:00am
Xc 70.2.4cc. Curious to know the cost of a new part. Thanks :)

intrade, Jan 24, 5:04am
diesel! there is a few 2.4 you can send em a e-mail they should reply and i doubt you find a much cheaper part then from them i got tierod ends for my renault for 70$ when renault nz wanted 200$ for one lol

lizyw, Jan 24, 5:05am
Sorry, Petrol - expensive and thirsty.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 24, 5:51am
fcpgroten are an online Volvo place in the states (great for the NZ dollar at the moment) you can check a price from them too. Their stuff is all top quality and they ship to NZ with no hassles.

http://www.fcpgroton.com/

Also. before you rush off to change the throttle body. Has this been on a diagnostic scanner and if so where and when!

thejazzpianoma, Jan 24, 5:52am
Hang on intrade. Punto!
Something you havn't shared with the group!

intrade, Jan 24, 5:56am
http://seekpart24.com/fiat/punto-176-93/90-1-6-8/heat-exchanger-100347
i was in europe since october only got back a few days ago and almost considered selling up here today. food is so overpriced here its not funny.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 24, 5:57am
Have you tested your fuel economy with any accuracy! The XC70 should not be that thirsty for what it is, might be another clue as to your problems.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 24, 6:00am
Did you have a Punto there or do you have one here!
Thanks for the link, thats some interesting reading!

I have to admit it gets tempting. though with the state the U.S and much of Europe is in financially I would perhaps watch things carefully before rushing off. Until the U.S economy collapses its hard to pre-judge what the ripple effects will be.

intrade, Jan 24, 6:27am
fiats are all here got 2 tipo and 2 punto here 1 renault traffic 1 mb140 merc 1 golf and a hilux.and 2 cows

thejazzpianoma, Jan 24, 6:31am
LOL, good on you!

lizyw, Jan 30, 12:43am
Hijacking my thread! Not so thirsty as to warrant a diagnostic check. Getting a little tired of the expensive cleaners - (I mean mechanics!) in AKL who service the car. They have never picked up this problem, nor did they when the coolant level was out of wack - two radiators later THEN they change the coolant hose (a $50 peice of plastic!) grrrr. Will check out US site, as I'm off in a day or two.might save me a couple of thou.
Thanks for all your comments and help