Cost to Re-regester a Car with Personalized Plates

airguard, Jan 25, 8:31pm
Can anyone tell me the cost and the process to re-regester my car with plates I have purchesed on trade me.
Thanks.

clark20, Jan 25, 8:38pm
Its only about $14 to change your plates

airguard, Jan 25, 9:12pm
Car is regestered and driven weekly. Want to put the newly purchased plates on.

socram, Jan 25, 9:36pm
I think they just charge you a small fee for a replacement WOF sticker - but I could be wrong.

You hand in your old plates when you do the change.If you are renewing the rego at the same time, do the plate swap first.If the rego is still current, there may be a small replacement fee for the sticker again.Someone on here will know.

clanky, Jan 25, 9:48pm
Done it a couple of times.take new plates (and car) to local AA/VTNZ Cert station. Fill out the 2 forms (one for old, one for new), pay 53c for one and $14 for next. Show both car and plates to jobsworth. TAke screwdriver. Change plates on side of road. Fit new rego in windscreen, fit new WoF sticker. Give old plates to jobsworth. drive off. Simple as.

airguard, Jan 25, 9:53pm
Thanks for that info.

shuddupowh, Jan 25, 10:19pm
What! Where'd you get the $14 from! When I changed my plates (have done it a few times with p-plates) I only ever paid like 20c for the new rego slip. Just show them the old plates (on the car - if govt issue you hand them over, but if they are also p-plates you keep them) and show them the new p-plates. No other fees required, UNLESS you want the plates remade that costs $21 and LTSA do not do it. You have to go thru Remake to do it. So unless they have now increased the cost of putting new plates on then where'd you get the $14 from! Only way I see you getting charged $14 is if you bought new GOVT issued plates from LTSA.

clanky, Jan 25, 11:10pm
Bought plates from 'Plates.co.nz". Went to AA. 20c was for change of plate form. Rest was for issue of new plates to sell car. Sorry if info was misleading.

franko171, Jan 25, 11:37pm
only $14 if changing of another car as you need new plates

socram, Feb 5, 3:48pm
Well, thank goodness we got that cleared up.Thought my memory was fading for a minute or two.