Should I sell my car!

amber.gumdrop, Jan 25, 7:49pm
Im not really using the hot rod as much as i should, and am thinking of selling it (kind of.) Anyone know how to find out the value of the car, as its really unique, I think it would make a dent in the mortgage if i did sell it and we still have the 2 Lx's and the porsche .

amber.gumdrop, Jan 26, 4:02am
Thanks for taking the time to respond Yep I wonder if its going to be an estate item lol I have spent over $70k on it and thousands of man hours so would be hugely reluctant to risk a dollar reserve auction. Judging from the response to this question ill leave it for now.

extrayda, Feb 6, 2:08pm
Don't sell it unless you are *sure* that you have had enough of it.Otherwise in a year or so, you will just end up doing it all again (been there, done that).I sold my HQ (not a hotrod I know) a few months back, because I was sure I no longer 'needed' it, plus wasn't using it much.So far I don't miss it too much, unlike in the past.With 'different' cars such as older V8's and hotrods, it's worth what someone is prepared to pay for it, as ultimately it is a 'toy' or luxury item, not something 'needed'.If you do sell it, work out what you are prepared to let it go for, and run with that.If you *need* to sell it, then you may not be able to be so choosey.It be scared shi!less to do a $1 reserve auction, although they do work for some people.