Kawasaki retro luggage rack

cb34gs, Jan 24, 8:04am
I am looking for an 80's style luggae rack for a Kawasaki z650. Anyone know where there might be one!

cb34gs, Jan 24, 8:10am
'luggae' should be 'luggage'

oliver6, Jan 24, 9:22am
I had a Z650 new in 1979. A good bike.

cb34gs, Jan 25, 7:54am
I had a B2 from new too. Was a good bike also. Now got an '80 F1. Still not running from a complete rebuild.

unideck, Jan 25, 9:14pm
Kaz, sure they had an up-stand on them. If you get stuck I could fabricate a copy one for you no problem. Had a similar issue with my Kawasaki exhaust system, unless I spent a $1,000+ it was impossible to get one so designed and built my own. Not a self promo but look on my listing, bike just rebuilt and most of the parts were handmade. As with any older Kawka finding gen parts is a hard road. eBay is the first place to look as the US has umpteen dealers and almost a dead cert you will find one. Just be careful looking on the UK site as the freight is sky high in cost ;) Bike Busters in Hamilton has a fair selection of older stuff too, worth a call.

cb34gs, Jan 26, 7:24am
unideck: Bike Busters is hopeless, really. I have tried them before and they do not reply to emails, when they do it is a couple of weeks later. Fleabay is too expensive by some sellers and your right about the UK. I am seriously looking at fabricating one at a buddies shop.

kazbanz: No, I do not want a standard pack rack as I want to keep the weight down, so, yes it will be a late 70's to mid 80's.

unideck, Jan 26, 8:03am
Hey, just a thought, have you tried Action Bike Wreckers on the North Shore Auckland! I can vouch for the owner as a very helpful and knowledgeable guy ;)

cb34gs, Jan 26, 4:56pm
Thanks unideck, will try them.

cb34gs, Feb 9, 9:15am
Hi unideck, got an email back from them and no help. Thanks for a heads up there.