Kawasaki GPZ1100A3 were they DFI or carb option

gunhand, Jun 17, 8:01am
Any of you guys know if the 1983/4 GPZ1100s A3s had carbs as an option in some countries or were they all fuel injected as I understood them to be. Ive looked on the net and it says DFI but theres one for sale thats carbed and they say its factory.
I know some countries had odd options on bikes but I have not found a carby one yet.
My guess is its been injected had a problem that was to hard or to expensive to fix and they carbed it.
Cheers.

12rider, Jun 17, 8:13am
Hey Bud - the A1~3's were all fuel injected (D.F.I) from factory, the B1~2's were also injected (E.F.I). It's quite common due to the fragile nature of the E.C.U's from that period & the fact that parts have now been N.L.A for over 10 years for them to have been fitted with carbs, generally 32 or 34 mm C.V's from KZ1000J or U.S.A market KZ1100 shafty. They don't go any better or worse for the conversion but it would certainly be a factor to consider in as far as the purchase price was concerned.

Cheers

Scott

027 242 7639

crzyhrse, Jun 17, 8:16am
They were never factory carb.

gunhand, Jun 17, 8:18am
Cheers, yea that was my thinking, its on TM and appears to be a nice bike but the carby thing seems to hampering the sale. Ive been on the look out for a 750 or 1100 for a while. Have ridden the B1 years back and yes it certainly was injected.

12rider, Jun 17, 9:52am
I raced a "B1" back in the day (1981) -lovely bike. One of those bikes you wish you'd never sold so to speak ! Depenent on price try looking in South Africa for original still working parts - there climate is much kinder to the somewhat delecate electronic's of the day. I just recently sourced a brand new (new / old stock) crankshaft for a CB1100-RB for less than $100k rand landed here. The "Yarpie's" love there old skool air cooled four's & I have a friend who know's where to find the obscure bits. Cheers Scott

gunhand, Jun 17, 10:00am
The day I test rode the B1 was the same day I was buying a Katana 1100, I must say the B1 was a nicer smoother bike and im sure my arse would have appreciated it more but hey when you want a Katana you just gotta have it LOL.
Go look in TM bikes under classics and see what you think of it. Rear bike in this part of the world.

12rider, Jun 24, 11:58am
I assume it's the GPZ with the seriously ugly pack on it. Doesn't look to bad all things considered, BUT it was a D.F.I model from factory. Bid wisely - there a nice bike- Cheers Scott