Kawasaki ZR1100 / Zephr

dingo011, Feb 12, 2:56am
I was out for a ride this morning and just after a corner a sheep came out of drain in front of me! The damn thing jumped as I hit it and I thought it was going to come over the handle bars. anyway after smashing all the guages and the headlight it ran off and I ended up having a lie down on the road. Needless to say I am a bit sore and I hope the large Vodka lime and lemonade will take the edge off. So I now need a set of gauges, does anyone know where I can buy a set! Fortunately my left leg stopped any damage to the covers etc but the handle bars look more like pretzel. You in here Biker!

gunhand, Feb 12, 3:25am
GP Honda are good to deal with and have bike wrecks. Other than that find a copy of a Kiwi Motorcycle news I think they have listings of wreckers in the classifieds as does Bike Rider.Or good old google. Are you insured! make it your insurance companys problem if you are.
And you realise that some how this will be entirely your fault. Mostly for just being a motorcyclist will do it for some.
There may be other Kawasaki models that have same gauges and maybe some aftermarket bars.
Sorry to here about your OFF.
Did you get the sheeps number LO,L or find the cocky as it may well be his problem.
But all they say is I wasnt awhere of it being out and they get off with it.

dingo011, Feb 12, 4:18am
Thanks guys! gauges are still working but cases are FUBAR! also the whole lot is loose like the mounting brackets are broken. I will do a strip down tomorrow. Head light glass is broken but still working so an easy fix. The sheep was a illegal road user and wasn't displaying a plate! Also left the scene of an accident. Took me at least 5 minutes to get my leg from under the bike. My god she is a heavy biarch! Have some interesting shade of blue developing but thanks to a number of Vodka's the pain is not noticable LOL

chris241, Feb 12, 4:29am
is it a zzr 1100 if so what year. A guy at my work has some bits just not sure what bits he has left

didi6, Apr 9, 2:05pm
Those parts for your bike you can still get from Japan through your kawasaki agent.Not cheap.Presume you have no insurance because you would not be asking on here.Used to have one.Remember those light plastic chrome gauge covers.
Great bike and fun to ride.