New car ideas

suicidemonkey, Dec 5, 2:53am
Ok so i'm over my boy racer phase and i'm selling my DC5 Type R Integra.
I'm after some ideas. i'm looking for a car under the $15k mark that's comfortable and quiet but still has decent acceleration. Other than that, the criteria is open. except that I prefer Japanese cars.

Ideas! Suggiestions! Go :D

br.jacko, Dec 5, 2:56am
mitsi pajero v6 3000 manual, cheap to run and you get this real neat ticking sound coming from engine that keeps you occupied when the radio shits itself.

jasongroves, Dec 5, 3:16am
Lexus LS430 or GS300.

a.woodrow, Dec 5, 3:24am
More seriously though - what about something like a late model honda accord euro, heaps around that price range, still have the get up and go

jason18, Dec 5, 3:25am
Late Model Turbo Legacy

suicidemonkey, Dec 5, 3:28am
Yeah i've been looking at the Accords. would love a Euro R but they're just a tad out of my price range

jasongroves, Dec 5, 3:28am
Agree;)

suicidemonkey, Dec 5, 3:31am
Mm yeah I like those too. although they don't seem to have the best reputation for reliability. or is that just the older models!

jasongroves, Dec 5, 3:37am
Its down to how they have been treated.
My friend works for Cooke Howlison Toyota in Dunedin as a mechanic and has done for quite a few years now.
He was looking for a newer car at the start of the year and looked and plenty of what Toyota had to offer but value for money, the Subaru won hands down.
Its a very comfortable car, all the bells and whistles and about half the cost to buy as the same year Toyota with lower specs.
When it comes to Subaru, peoples belief that they are unreliable just means you can pick one up cheaper;)

vtecintegra, Dec 5, 3:38am
You may as well go for a turbo (or an H6 I guess) - the non turbo four is a letdown especially with the extra drivetrain loss and weight of AWD

Anyway I'd probably be looking at the E46 330i (ci if you prefer two doors)

suicidemonkey, Dec 5, 4:11am
Not a big fan of BWMs.

What about the 6 cyl Legacy!

jason18, Dec 6, 2:13am
The 3lt legacys are a very nice car.

gj0502, Dec 6, 3:28am
I agree with the 3lt 6cyl legacy, try mind a manual one as well. or even a newer shape wrx, v7 sti or v8 wrx if you aren't a fan of the bugeye.