Car purchasing process - The 'Budget'

mcscottwgtn, Jan 27, 3:53am
Do must punters purchase the most expensive motor they can afford, or afford to finance! Wonder what percentage of punters finance their motor (bit hard to tell as some will just add it to the mortgage)! Just wondering how punters decide on how much to blow, or just empty the piggy out!

morrisman1, Jan 27, 5:37am
I cant bring myself to spend much on a depreciating asset, a couple grand can get you an alright car. Might not be the latest or greatest but you know you cant lose much money on it.

I find it hilarious when people grumble about the price of petrol when their cars are depreciating at the rate of a few grand per year - far more than the extra petrol price is costing them

smac, Jan 27, 7:21pm
When younger I financed a couple of cars.never again, and sure won't let our boy ever do it. Biggest money pit there is. I'll buy what I can afford, then your disposable income can go toward running costs rather than finance costs.

smac, Jan 27, 10:10pm
I'd prefer that. I'd rather fix a cheap car over time to the point where I know it's reliable, than pay interest. Each to their own.