Ford festiva clutch (I think) help with breakdown

traybon, Jan 31, 1:37am
Hi
I am a lady, was driving my car and it started making a bad noise, sort of like a stone grinding on metal. I think it is the clutch, help anyone just left it on the side of the road, no mechanics open and need to get to work tomorrow :(

mechnificent, Jan 31, 1:43am
Does it only make the noise when the car is moving! If so, it is probably a stone stuck in one of the brake disks. It should still be safe to drive to the nearest mechanic. some people drive around like that often out in the country.

If the noise starts as soon as you start the motor then it won't be the brakes. so, how does the clutch pedal feel! Is the clutch operating normally.can you get it into gear and drive!

What sort of car! Any recent work done on it! Any other behaviour. like steering to one side, juddering etc!

traybon, Jan 31, 1:45am
hi the noise only seems to be when moving although if I depress the clutch I can kind of hear it when the clutch is nearly at the top. Seems to operating normally, it is a 1995 ford festiva done only about 79000 km, no recent work, but drove it for about a bout an hour this morning with no problems and then went out again and this happened

mechnificent, Jan 31, 1:50am
Go for a short drive with the front windows open, both of them, and check whether the noise is happening only when moving.

Also, while stationary but with the motor running, check whether pushing the clutch in and out makes any noises.

traybon, Jan 31, 1:51am
clutch makes slight noise when stationary but nothing like when it is moving

traybon, Jan 31, 1:58am
goes reall bad as soon as I let clutch out

traybon, Feb 23, 11:16am
changes gear okay, noise appears related to clutch use but I am no expert, my step dad towed it home for me. Dont even know what to say to the mechanic "my car makes a bad noise" lol hope its not too expensive