Hamilton v8 race 2012

floscey, Dec 14, 10:00pm
Will you go to Hamilton race if Tony cochrane pulls thin pin on V8s in NZ. He has stated that Hamton Downs is not viable due to track length and travel times for the corporates and Pukekohe needs to much upgrading. Tracks currently in use in Oz are shorter and Hampton is closer than Hamilton to Auckland and only 10 min further than pukekohe was. If he has the nuts to pull the pin before the next race is held ,would you still attend. Remember there is no NZ promoter and V8SC are paying this time .Im guessing he will wait untill after the NZ round before he pulls out to avoid a boycoutt of the round . Your thoughts NZ!

thunderbolt, Dec 14, 10:11pm
Like always, TC is blowing smoke to see who will come up with the best deal for him.

I expect there will be another round announced to follow Hamilton and it will probably be near the end of the season in 2013.
HD appears the most likely, but I guess we will see.

jerichord, Dec 14, 11:44pm
thar ausie bloke cochranne is full of ., makes big noisestosee who he can shake out,

elect70, Dec 15, 1:44am
If Hamilton cant afford it then no other city can . The cost is way OTT The track length etcexcuseat HD is crap, they wouldnt get enough cash out of them& HD isnt about to run them at aloss just to have them thereeven Murphy has said some of Aussie tracks are shorter. &they allready have anotherawayroundin the wings with plenty of $$Anyway stuffTC& theall the hype,dont need them ,HD got their own7 litre supertourers14 cars to start withincreasing to 24 . Racing atHDTaupo , Manfeild & Ruapuna in012Bring it on .

twink19, Dec 15, 3:41am
mustle cars would be better, not all the same sort of taxis
only went to Hamilton once, viewing is rubbish,see more on TV

rednsr, Dec 15, 7:38am
Nice spelling.

peek_a_boo1, Dec 15, 7:53am
while viewing is shit, theres still the atmosphere you miss :)

guider1, Dec 15, 8:38am
Hampton has already got resource consent to extend the circuit to accomodate the V8SC, & the last thing I heard was it is a high possibility that they will in fact end up at Hampton because they can have it done by 2013.

rug_nz, Dec 15, 8:50am
Been to Hamilton every year, next one will be no different, getting tickets tomorrow.
Dead line is May next year from what I understand, that's why Hampton Downs is not putting their bid in till early next year, Tony(Hampton) is a very driven man, hell he's got this far with the track.

twink19, Dec 15, 8:52am
who cares ,so long as you understood whay I was saying

anarot, Dec 17, 7:10pm
Hampton Downs is the only place it can go to but the track needs to be lengthened to accommodate all the people as in its current state it only has a consent for 20 thousand.
Counties Racing Club at Pukekohe don't want it there. I can't see another street race happening anywhere it just costs to much to set up.
I hope HD gets it, such a fantastic track.

wrong2, Dec 17, 7:39pm
only pathetic MB users do

3tomany, Dec 17, 9:25pm
tony cockrane is a tosser the sydney supercar race may also pull out due to cost overuns its nicknamed the taxpayers500 over there and v8 supercars is even threatening to can bathurst if the government doesnt put more money in for security/policing. they seem to want taxpayers to subsidise there bussiness and i think we should just tell them to p!# off i love supercars but not at taxpayer expense when the racing is better and cheaper at race tracks

807, Dec 17, 10:17pm
holdens & fords only .boring .

elect70, Dec 17, 10:38pm
Like the indycars, gets so big & expensive few outside of USA can afford it .Too much even forAussieF1 onlyhangs on by a thread with big govt $ input.The supercars going same way , million $ drivers&tracksrelie onlocal & central government backing , which is why its become tooexpensive for NZOur round could go to Macauthey want racing theresinceF1 left.Hamilton would do better to promote HD & get thespin offs .as Aucklandnot interested