Hamilton 400. Thinking of going this year whos been and what did u think

tania1980, Jan 6, 10:36pm
Thinking of going this year .whos been and what did u think

thunderbolt, Jan 6, 10:41pm
It was too loud and the cars go too fast to see them properly.

twink19, Jan 6, 10:43pm
have been, wouldnt go again, cant see much, went to Pukekohe every time, am going to Melbourne, much better

thunderbolt, Jan 6, 10:45pm
That pretty much sums it up.

socram, Jan 7, 1:41am
Last time at that venue anyway.
Not a great fan of being at street races - but maybe a trip to Monaco may change that.

yogibearz, Jan 7, 7:55am
am going even though you dont see a lot. the atmosphere is good and wife luvs the smell of racing fuels and its the last time . Better to save youre money and go the whole hog by going to Bathurst.

arejaytee1, Jan 7, 8:03am
what a bunch of knockers. I been to all at hamilton and had a great time. we get seats witha big screen close by so to see action around the track. Food and drink close by and we always meet new people. and best of all is everyone is there to watch the cars and have a good time and not cause trouble

jmma, Jan 7, 8:08am
Good point, but I think that's what they are supposed to do (o:

easygoer, Jan 7, 8:09am
If you do go the best spot is the stand at the Founders roundabout, as with most street venues the track view is limited to the spot you choose but if you get into a stand you at least have a big screen to watch as well, general admission isn't a very good option as the view is even more limited, the other advantage of the stands is the between race entertainment IE: drag and drift cars and the dancing girls are generally focused on these areas also, I have been 3 times and enjoyed it each time even as general admission

alan1111, Jan 7, 8:12am
Never missed any of the v8s since they have been coming over from 2001. Pukekohe is way better than Hamilton way differant atmosphere. Trust me Hamilton is not that great you see more on TV. Not even going to go this year in protest of them canning it over here. Tony Cochrane knows my feelings on this subject. How i see it we will lose it for about 3 years then will be back either a Auckland street race or Hampton Downs.
The person who needs the blame for losing it is Steve Viloletta of CSM Capitol Street Management. When he took over from IMG who ran the Pukekohe races he cut corners and cost AVESCO money it has nothing to do with Hamilton City Council they being used as a scapegoat.
After speaking to all the drivers they all agree Pukekohe is a awesome track just the facilities needed upgrading Hell that over bridge and the pits cost 2mill to build what with resource consents etc.They wanted permanant toilets and better facilities for the drivers in pitlane area about another mill spent and it would still be at Pukekohe but the old Franklin District Council and Eric Watson who actually owns theplace did not want to spend the money on race cars. His priority is horses ffs.
Anyway thats my rant and in my opinion again STAY HOME watch it on tv. Save ya dollars and do Bathurst.

xs1100, Jan 7, 9:31am
im sure its a bit more than the FDC and eric watson and remeber its now LENNIE BROWN and if he handles it like hes handling the wharf.kiss it goodbye.was down past hampton downs the other day and the bit that gets me is should they move it there how are they going to accommodate all the crowds,imagine the b a l l s up thats going to be

socram, Jan 7, 10:40am
Eric Watson does NOT own Pukekohe Raceway.Franklin Racing Club does.
Crowd and traffic management plans for HD are well advanced so do not underestimate their ability to cope.
However, there is currrently a crowd restriction limit placed on them by the environment court which has to be lifted and that may take a year or two, once they have proved they can cope with the numbers.I believe they coped well enough with Rally NZ two years ago when the numbers were quite high.
Assuming they do get it, crowd numbers may well be limited initially and increased year by year - and that is no bad thing.The government could of course intervene if they wanted.

stinkydog1, Jan 7, 10:47am
went up was great fun couple years back just found some crates and looked over the fence but the seats where even better than what you would go in and pay for its bit expensive had the best seat in the house with out technically being inside the house haha forgot what the corner was called where we were sitting but man it was good fun

elect70, Jan 7, 9:36pm
Did Hamilton first yearhadseat opposite pits but spent most time watching the big screen, rather than the roof of the cars as they flew past . Since then watched it at home . The cost toput it on is horrendous from resourse consents tosafteytostands , & promoter&AVESCO to make a proffitwithout having to charge huge admission &scare people off . EvenAussie saystreet circuits too costly .HD owners are switchted on & still negotiating withthem to get it, maybe we could have a trans Tasman challenge with the new super tourers assimilar performance.

rayzor14, Jan 7, 10:13pm
Been the last two years and had grandstand seating in Hinemoa stands. Seemed like an ideal place - a nice slow corner with a view of them coming in, turning and vanishing up the straight. Made more sense to me than sitting in a high speed area where all you get to see is a blur.
In terms of action Hinemoa seemed to have plenty, both in the support classes and the main game.
Going to these events is all about the atmosphere. We all know you see arguably more on TV but you dont smell it, hear it, feel it.
Take the chance for a pit walk, check out when the drivers are going to be doing autograph sessions at the various merchandising tents, drool over the pit girls and have a ton of fun.
Even last year in the pouring rain it seemed worth it despite acres of mud and slush.

exadore, Jan 7, 10:30pm
Hmmm, I am sure I saw you in Monaco back in July.

xs1100, Jan 7, 10:53pm
it certainly is the place to have it and would be good to limit numbers to start.purely to make the event a bit more exclusive but were do the crowds disperse to hamilton/auckland quite a drive either way if people are tired/drinking after a long day

twink19, Jan 7, 11:15pm
there would be no restrictions if it was for a rugby game

thunderbolt, Jan 7, 11:22pm
Of course there would be, rugby games are sold by seat number, number of tickets equals number of seats. ( plus boxes)

twink19, Jan 7, 11:29pm
all the red tape was smoothed over for the rugby cup, easy

socram, Jan 8, 6:59am
C'mon, Pukekohe is about the same distance from Auckland as HD (giveacouple of minutes) and they managed quite well with the crowds!
Local (non-pro) owner drivers usually leave their cars at the track overnight or are there 7:30am day 1, often having to stay until the last race, then they return the next day without problems, trailering the car home again afgterwards.Surely if they can do it, spectators can cope!