Cloth upholstery repair

chex, Dec 15, 7:11am
Drivers seat near door has small patch of wear/fraying in the cloth(I guess wear due to getting in and out of car). Would it cost a bit to get this repaired! Is it just patch repair or does everything needs to be replaced!
Bought car used, 2 weeks ago from dealer, kicking myself for missing this. Do you think it would be cheeky to pop it in to dealer to ask if they would cover cost for repair! The car I traded in had same KM travelled but no wearing like this.

kazbanz, Dec 15, 8:04am
Chex -the normal repair is to "borrow" a bit of matching cloth from a bit of the seats that isn't visible to replace the worn panel. then the unseen bit is replaced with best match possible cloth thats not the same.
OR a feature is made by replacing both panels--ie both sides of the seat with matching but plain cloth

magoo2, Dec 15, 9:22am
If it is worn on the backrest of the seat and there is an airbag,you should NOT repair it,as it may stop the airbag deploying properly.If it is the outer edge of the base it may be possible to sew the seam in a bit.We really need more details