HELP! Urgent repair!

pcguitarist, Feb 11, 6:28pm
Hey last night I got home and noticed my car was hissing out steam.Had a look under the hood and pin pointing it to a small pipe.I checked again in the morning and the stuff on the grounf was almost oily.the brown stuff!I thought it would have beent he radiator! It hissed for about 30mins or something.What is the best option hear! I need to get this fixed this morning.

berg, Feb 11, 6:35pm
Hmmm. That dosnt sound too good. Is your radiator now low on water! Where does the pipe run to and from! Trace it and see where it goes. Also what make, model etc

therafter1, Feb 11, 7:06pm
He must still be out getting those minor details for you Bergy ??

pcguitarist, Feb 11, 8:33pm
UPDATE: hey.so i looked into it further. Turns out i have traced it to the 'Intake Manifold Gasket' there was one screw loose.tightend it but no luck but looks like its coming from that gasket.

intrade, Feb 11, 8:48pm
uh ohhhhhh you myght have a cracked head did you check and top up the coolant. befor starting! hissing is only one thing on a car and that is steam from water and the only water is the cooling system. usually a tini pinhole in a hose can do this and you wont find it again once it stops hissing. if your engine was not overheated out of water then it could be still ok.

intrade, Feb 11, 8:52pm
here the explenation as to how a oili substance could be on your ground.
The pinhole in your hose is like a mini- steamcleaner , it sprayed on to the engine near your bolt where you where thinking was loose and was loose for a other reason. the oil and crud gets washed down by this to the ground.

intrade, Feb 11, 8:55pm
post what car engine etc you have make model and engine number cc rating.
and start the car with water in radiator no radiator cap on and keep filling water in to the cooling system with a hose or water bottles to bring it up to full. and then hope it does not bubble in the radiator. this is if you got a radiator lid on radiator. Never open a hot radiator cap as warning if somone reads this and does not know.

therafter1, Feb 11, 10:59pm
I have a suspicion that the ???screw??

a18a, Feb 12, 12:46am
Check to make sure you haven't blown the welds on the intake manifold.

elect70, Feb 12, 1:25am
Welds on intake manifold! , must be an exotic, last time i looked they were cast

therafter1, Feb 12, 1:49am
Hang on chaps, don??

therafter1, Feb 12, 2:07am
The ???my car??? hissed for about 30 minutes remember ??

therafter1, Feb 12, 2:12am
Those ones are crackers, it doesn??

motorway, Feb 12, 2:13am
COLOUR OF CAR! We can't function without it!

therafter1, Feb 12, 2:20am
With a user name like pcguitarist it will most probably be a myriad of colours that strobe under the street lights as you drive home from your early am gigs with a painted fret board running up the bonnet, across the roof, and across the boot like a musicians version of a racing stripe

therafter1, Feb 12, 2:22am
Of course they last longer because they have a constant supply of replacement motors thrown at them ??

franc123, Feb 12, 2:44am
Betcha all its a Rover 200 or a MGF or something else with a K series in it.

therafter1, Feb 12, 2:50am
Or a Cavalier or Windom ??

pcguitarist, Feb 12, 6:29am
What is this comedy night or something! I fixed the problem, it was a worn out/leaking intake manifold gasket. And for those wanting to know, it is a 1973 Mitsubishi Gto colt. Thanks.

therafter1, Feb 12, 7:38am
Comedy day yes lol ??

franc123, Apr 9, 8:19am
Bear in mind next time you post specify the exact make/model/year and engine, or trans if that applies, up front.While some things of course can go wrong with any car, like intake manifold gaskets for instance, other problems can be very model specific and known faults.If you don't the pisstakes often come thick and fast.