Classic British Car Show 13February 2011

julian.walls, Feb 11, 1:21am
Hi there all there is a Classic British Car Show coming Feb 13th 2011 this weekend Sunday 10am to 3.00pm Entry is my 1$ donation for ST Johns Ambulance at Trentham Memorial Park here in Upper Hutt on Fergusson Drive - Entry via Barton Road Entrance

I be there with small stand to promote my website www.carmagreviews.co.nz - Its about time i got out and about at car shows - I hope this will first of many - maybe next year i might be at the SpeedshowSee you thereBring your questions!

Cheers Julian
Looking for Automotive magazine references then visit my site at
www.carmagreviews.co.nz

saki, Feb 11, 7:20am
Ill be there in my mk2 gt cortina.

fordcrzy, Feb 12, 1:44am
i'll follow the trails of oil left on the road.
:)

motorway, Feb 12, 2:14am
Just look for the steam.

pfemstn, Feb 12, 3:19am
know a group is coming from Hawkes bay, and a couple of us planning on bringing our Morgans hope its a good day!

saki, Feb 12, 4:32am
Probably leaks oil from the GB due stinking ricer jappa lip oil seal.

julian.walls, Feb 12, 10:05am
Look forward to seeing your Ford Cortina MK2 GT - Cannot be too many of those left!is yours the 2 door GT in red!(There used to be when i grew up in Karori Wellington a Very rare Cortina with GO plates it was a 2 door Cortina 1500GT 1968 converted to a Convertible by Crayford Engineering of the UK (the offical Ford approved Convertible) with added bonus of Jeff Wren Savage modfication a 3.0 V6 Ford Zodiac power unit in the 70s to 80s it was Blue metallic - Some one told me its now red! there is now 3-4 in NZ)

- and Morgans are always great to see particularly the Plus 8 with its Rover 3.5V8 firing up!Hope the weather holds out its been wet today Saturday - I being going to this gathering 5 years running only one year where there was a bit of rain in between sun

Cheers Julian

julian.walls, Feb 14, 12:26am
Brilliant day very hot - lots of classic cars - not as much of public as on previous occassions maybe other things were on!

Guest of honor and presenter of prizes at the end was her High Commissioness (is that the word you use- these days for a woman High Commissioner) of UK based at Homewood Karori Wellington, who looked like she borrowed one of the Queens hats and would only be around 35! - She brought along her Jag XF Reg DC1 which of cause was driven for her

Rare cars there were:
Armstrong-Siddeley Typhoon Coupe
Austin A125 Sheerline 1951c
Broadspeed Fastback Mini 1967 #28 of 28 built
Ford Cortina MK2 2 door 1500 Crayford Convertible 1968
Leyland P76 Targa Florio V8 (I not sure if real or replica)
Marcos 3.0 GT Volvo engine ! with British Reg number on NZ white plates
Reliant Scimitar GT Coupe
Rolls Royce 20-25 Sports 4 door Saloon 1934 -Barker! body

Peoples choice award(2nd time its won it) went to Lynx Jaguar D Type Replica owned by Don Ryder of Wellington

Here link to my facebok page with photos
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Car-Magazine-Reviews-Car-Magazine-Reference-Service/362779564316

Cheers Julian

directorylist, Apr 15, 6:19pm
The broadspeed minis are pretty cool, they had one racing up at manfield a few years back

I'm gutted i was planning on going out to it, but i managed to remember it was on about 6pm sunday night. :(