Freeview Help (yes I know it's not motoring!)

Page 2 / 2
thejazzpianoma, Dec 27, 9:24am
Yep you definitely need the proper splitter, but they are cheap enough. Something like $10 should do it.

Given that its a mission to run the cables then it may well be worth trying the old cable, might be worth it on the off chance, even if you get a bit more rain fade etc in the bedroom.

The other way around it is to use a wireless a/v sender with an I.R capable A/V selector at the other end. You mount your freeview box with your mysky unit and send them both down the a.v sender without any wires.

My reservation with that setup though is that at 20 meters away reception may be iffy. You could always try one from jaycar and return it if it dosn't work.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 27, 9:26am
Sounds great, I often integrate the security, PBX etc into one system these days. I quite like linuxmce and have done some mega projects with that kind of kit. Lots of fun when its not your money!

You are quite right about the time it takes. I am getting better at just enjoying one job at a time without getting overwhelmed by how much there is to do!

intrade, Dec 28, 7:14am
unless are we talking teresterial , because i talk satelite dish.