Jasongroves. Hey mate what oil should i use in a 2002 honda torneo 20 sohc vtec and api rating would be great if you could give

tradingfreak360, Feb 21, 5:42am
Hey mate, what oil should I use in a 2002 Honda Torneo 2.0 SOHC VTEC! And API rating! Would be great if you could give me a screen shot from Autodata aswell.

jasongroves, Feb 21, 6:33am
Closest I have is for the Accord, which is very similar and uses the same F20B engine:
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/844/torneoi.jpg

Pretty much every oil on the market will meet or better the required API rating:)

jasongroves, Feb 21, 6:36am
Heres an copy and paste of part of an email I received from Honda NZ:
Honda use and recommend the use Honda FEO Engine oil. The sole point of supply of this product will probably be the nearest Honda Agency or Parts & Service dealer.

If an owner wishes to try to obtain a substitute, Honda FEO has the following specifications:

Viscosity rating:SAE: 10w30 (Society of Automotive Engineers rating)
Performance ratingAPI: SL(American Petroleum Institute classification)

The name FEO stands for Fuel Efficient Oil and this is also an API Energy Conservation Classification

The viscosity of the oil is very low with most ???Popular??? oils sold in New Zealand having a SAE 15w40 grading. Honda specifies low viscosity oil for its free flowing characteristics. I e., it gets to where it is needed quicker. This is a very important consideration for ???V-Tec??? engines.

It is not synthetic oil but it is based on very high quality mineral oil with synthetic additives.

tradingfreak360, May 11, 7:16pm
Thanks for that, cheers