1990 Honda Accord

trader_84, Oct 22, 1:22am
My sons car needs the CV replacing. I told him to get his lethargic arse into gear and fix it up as its taking up space in the shed. He reckons he's rung Ripco, gave them the details of the car and they have said they only have ones that fit automatic equipped cars. Does this sound right! I thought they'd all be the same - but know squat about front wheel drive cars. His car is a 5 speed manual. Ta.

pollymay, Oct 22, 1:27am
They can be different, I know my prelude the shafts are different as the manual has an intermediate shaft bolted to the block. Ripco are not very good retailers anyway unless you get someone who isn't 15 and doesn't know 60 weight from 30 weight oil. Ringing other retailers with the chassis code, engine number and gearbox code handy helps. BNT, supersheep and all those other ones. Hell rip one off a junkyard car if you can't find a new one.

moosie_21, Oct 22, 2:08am
lol, the transmission of the car has nothing to do with the CV's. Either Ripco has done an epic fail, as usual, or your son is just really lazy and looking for another excuse not do it.

thegravelracer, Oct 22, 3:31am
wrong
alot of cars inner cv's ect are diif between auto and manual

thegravelracer, Jan 12, 5:45pm
tell him to call central auto parts they are real good