This broke off my Car! Know what it is plz.

phillip.weston, Feb 23, 6:26am
coolant temp sensor

dasfi, Feb 23, 6:28am
Sweet cheers, been driving all day and car still seemed to go ok but guess i better replace it,

phillip.weston, Feb 23, 6:31am
yeah, unsure which one that controls specifically, I would say the two temp sensors to the left of it are for the ECU input and dash gauge signal.

marcos1, Feb 23, 6:31am
Looks like a bleed valve .I could be wrong tho.

dasfi, Feb 23, 6:33am
Definalty got a plug on it so i done think its the bleed valve,

dent, Feb 23, 6:44am
dont they have two coolant temp sensors! One feeds the ecu and one feeds the cold start injector.

hatchback, Feb 23, 7:06am
Its ya flux capacitor.

morrisman1, Feb 23, 7:27am
there is two sensors to the left, the double wire one likely feeds the ECU and the single wire feeds the gauge. The only thing I can think a third one would be for is the radiator fan.

lookoutas, Feb 23, 7:36am
In this case it's a fluxed capacitor.

robbo36, Feb 23, 8:00am
Correct Biker, the fan temp control switch is located bottom of radiator on drivers side

robbo36, Feb 23, 8:08am
It has two hoses connected to it, right! If so, it is the EVAP system BVSV valve (evaporative emissions control system). This connects to the carbon canister, (located in the left hand rear corner of the engine bay), to the throttle body. This valve should be closed at temps below 35 deg C and opens at temps above 54 deg C. You need to replace it. Hope this helps.

dent, Feb 23, 8:10am
im not seeing any hoses broken off just a plug.

dasfi, Feb 23, 8:20am
2 wires

dasfi, Feb 23, 8:21am
the hose to the right of it is the heater hose im pretty sure

phillip.weston, Feb 23, 8:48am
they're not hoses - it's an electrical connection.

movnon, Feb 23, 8:50am
yep looks fluxked to me!

dasfi, Feb 23, 8:57am
Sweet as ill head to picka part and fix the problem. Cheers for the help

petermcg, Feb 24, 3:39am
You wont find one there

dasfi, Feb 24, 4:29am
Wana bet!

lookoutas, Feb 24, 6:00am
He will find something tho.

bigfatmat1, May 21, 5:54pm
i thought they had a vacuum switch left one is coolent temp sense middle one is gauge if it was a fan switch the fan would go all the time and biker its common on a lot of cars to be near thermostat toyota use a n/c relay for fans so if the wire is open circuit the fans run