How do I prove when I sold a car!

Page 1 / 2
millna, Jan 7, 3:48am
I have been paying insurance on a car i have not owned for 18 months. what form do I need to get from post office to prove when I sold it. (so I can get a refund)

kazbanz, Jan 7, 3:51am
It doesn't mattter.You won't get a refund on insurance because its you who failed to notify the insurer you had sold the vehicle. Sorry

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 7, 3:56am
LOL good money management!

bellky, Jan 7, 3:59am
must have too much of it

gammelvind, Jan 7, 4:00am
Stuffed up myself some years ago, asked for refund hahaha.

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 7, 4:00am
Not for long if they keep that up.

curlcrown, Jan 7, 4:05am
Thats like renting a house, moving out without telling the land lord but still paying rent for 18 months, then asking for a refund on 18 months rent. Doesn't work like that.

msigg, Jan 7, 4:13am
LTSA see when the ownership papers were changed.

tonyrockyhorror, Jan 7, 4:24am
Neither of those things exist.

millna, Jan 7, 5:07am
ummm. The insurance co does pay out on it. I spoke to them today. I go into local branch with proof and they process it. it happens quite regularly.

work in insurance!. I don't think so

kazbanz, Jan 7, 5:11am
Um actually YES I do deal in insurance Its a product I sell at least 4 times a week with different companies -Please tell me the company you are refering to that will credit you for insurance where YOU have failed to notify them you have sold/disposed of the vehicle 18 months prior.

mugenb20b, Jan 7, 5:13am
I have sold many cars before, and my insurance always refunded the difference even though it's been 3 to 8 months since I notified them. The insurance company must have a way of telling who the new owner was from the time I sold the cars.

millna, Jan 7, 5:14am
I spoke to the company today, they told me the process, I may not get the whole 18 months but I will get 12.

Please tell me the company you deal with so I know to stay away from them!

kazbanz, Jan 7, 5:17am
And AGAIN--WHICHcompany is prepared to do this!

kazbanz, Jan 7, 5:18am
Actually--forget it--Im in a foul mood and its not your fault--have a nice day

millna, Jan 7, 5:22am
so how do I prove when I sold the car!.

millna, Jan 7, 5:25am
I also like how posters assume that I neglected to tell my insurance co that I sold the car. I am fairly sure I did tell them.

However it's not issue I am worrying about.

smac, Jan 7, 5:52am
I've done it before through AMI. Was only a few weeks, but still no hassle.

millna, Jan 7, 5:55am
I'm with State

kay34, Jan 7, 6:07am
Try CARJAM ( i think this is the name of website!)

gadgit3, Jan 7, 6:08am
You should have received a letter stating change of ownership. This would be your proof. As an AVI I can see the date and kms when a vehicle changed hands as I am inputting a WoF so you could try an AA express or post shop for a print out on the car in question could cost ya.wont be much tho.

millna, Jan 7, 6:09am
thanks, but those websites just tell you if the is of interest to police and if they are WOFed and REGed.

millna, Jan 7, 6:10am
probably lost the letter, but i will give the post office / AA a go :)

smac, Jan 7, 6:16am
No, not the Post Office, State Insurance! Don't mess about guessing what might or might not work, give them a call.

gadgit3, Jan 7, 6:25am
Really! why not the post office! they used to. And they see the same screen as I do when doing WoFs when they do rego updates