Payments for repairs.

Page 2 / 2
neryl1, Feb 18, 10:53am
if you told the person dropping it off you would pay thats like you telling the workshop you would pay they told them for you. but workshop should chase them for it or them chase you for it for the workshop.

goldilocks64, Feb 18, 8:24pm
easy. As in our work shop. No money No car. easy terms 100% deposit nill payments. someone will pay up .

mrfxit, Feb 18, 9:01pm
Sounds a bit like the currect owner was "expecting" the work to be done under warrenty
Car sales sold car in north island
Car now lives in south island
Owner has discovered an issue that "HE" thinks should be covered under warrenty
Owner has autherised "warrenty" work to be done by an independant garage
Neither independant garage or car owner has contacted the original car sales yard to consult with the car sales manager as to the validity of the "warrenty" claim & or permission to proceed with the repairs
*( do I have this correct)*

In this case, the repair bill is the sole responsibility of the owner who autherised the repairs to be done.
As a gesture of "good will" on behalf of the car sales AND . presuming the repairs would have been valid under a warrenty claim, then the car sales yard could pay the bill or part bill as would have been required under warrenty

mrfxit, Feb 18, 9:11pm
The law is pretty clear about who pays the bill (in the 1st place) & that is the person primarily autherising the work.
Exceptions are basicly none except for emergency repairs on a valid warrenty contract (word of mouth accounts for pretty much nill) but can be based on the "good will" of the defending party.

Kaz . go ask ANY insurence company if they will pay for repairs autherised by the owner without .

Consultation & autherisation between all partys effected
A current written warrenty contract
Not classed legally as a genuine emergency repair
. .
!

mrfxit, Feb 18, 9:17pm
Kaz.

COULD any or all of the repair work be classed under any reasonable sort of warrenty claim by the car yard!

If yes, then to fullfill the legal requirements of the warrenty, pay up at the earliest convenience.
If not under any part of a current warrenty then forget it

Warrenty work is exactly that . "warrenty"
Non warrenty work is the sole responsibilty of the person who autherised the work

mrfxit, Feb 18, 9:29pm
To be legally binding, the caller MUST be told the call is being monitired.
Helps if the receiver of the call can "keep their cool" while the caller nuts off.

hutchk, Feb 18, 9:36pm
I had a similar situation recently. Customer took goods and asked (after the fact) that I charge them to another customer. My short answer was no, not until the other customer had called me to authorise the charge. Other customer hasn't called, so goods were charged to first customer's account. He didn't like it much, but there is no way I will send a customer an invoice for an order they know nothing about. Garage in the case should have done the same, I certainly wouldn't be paying their bill.

mrfxit, Feb 18, 9:43pm
YEP . got it right altho slightly off the norm

"Thanks for calling XXX Motors, I'm sure we can help you. This call may be recorded for staff training & customer satisfaction reviews"

Note: for this to work correctly, ALL calls need in & out MUST go through a telephone exchange system of some sort (outgoing /press 1 for out) (incoming/ please select an option for XX)

mrfxit, May 29, 6:48pm
SOooooo .
Did it get sorted to the satisfaction of both partys!