Orange Ball on front of car?

superfreek, Feb 26, 11:33pm
I've recently noticed a lot of cars have an orange ball looking thing on or around the front grill area. What is it! I'd assume it may be for a radar detector or something similar but I have seen them on big old people movers to late model cars.

phillip.weston, Feb 26, 11:35pm
red nose day. a throw back to the 80s/90s where you would wear a plastic red nose doohicky over your nose as an awareness of cot death. It seems to have quietened down over the last 10-15 years but just last year was kicked back into full force, with retailers selling the red noses which fit on cars (which you could also buy back in the 80s/90s along with the red nose you stick on your nose).

phillip.weston, Feb 26, 11:36pm
http://www.rednoseday.org.nz/

It was meant to be for the month of November but it seems some people are leaving theirs on.

superfreek, Feb 26, 11:39pm
Okay thanks for clearing that up.

big.b-lil.c, Feb 27, 3:11am
its not for red nose day! it is used to measure the distance between vehicles on the auckland motorways. if it not touching the bumper of the car in front gap is to big, if its squashed gap it too small.

jason18, Feb 27, 3:13am
hahahha reply of the week. ! Give this man a beer

johnf_456, Feb 27, 6:00am
+1 lazyness is popular in nz.

dr.doolittle, Feb 27, 6:31am
Oh the irony of your post.

matrix641, Feb 27, 8:51am
I started seeing them around at christmas in auckland, and thought it was a christmas rudolph nose thing for your car.

matthew111, Jun 2, 8:12am
red nose day a few years back. fund raiser for charity.