Need help regarding my car :-(

karmaangel, Mar 2, 8:31am
Hiya everyone.I have a Madza Cronos (1993) and it has started playing up. It will change into 1 and 2 but thats it.and the rev's are up around 5oooorpm.(its auto btw) Its just had the Auto-transmission fluid changed but still no change. Does anyone know what could be the problem and how much Id be looking at to get it fixed (if its worth fixing) I am having my bub on the 7th March and I am sooooo stressed about this right now so ANY help/advice would be appreciated.
ThankYou

karmaangel, Mar 2, 8:48am
I dont have very good credit thanks to my darling ex so trading it in isnt an option hence why I need to know whats wrong and what Im looking at to get it fixed

moosie_21, Mar 2, 9:17am
50,000 rpm is quite a bit of stress on the engine.

karmaangel, Mar 2, 9:23am
5000 rpm (sorry was a typo)

karmaangel, Mar 2, 9:43am
Bump.Anyone!

muzz67, Mar 2, 6:49pm
Engine temp ok! Some auto's are affected by a faulty thermostat not letting the engine get up to normal running temp quick enough,,, but usually only overdrive

intrade, Jun 8, 11:08am
its not worth fixing the trans is poked most likely needing a rebuild worth minimum 2500$ to 4500$ if you cars with bad auto trans are some mazda mitsubishi and some nissan toyota auto trans are mostly good. find a auto transmission rebuild place to propper diagnose the faultthey will know fastest what is likely the problem as they only fix broken automatic transmissions.