How much would a car respray cost?

mr_mista, Mar 2, 11:11pm
I'm looking at buying an SV6 and it looks like a cab because it's white. How much would it cost to paint black or maybe dark blue. And any good places to recommend in the Hutt Valley/Welly region.

johnf_456, Mar 2, 11:13pm
How long is a piece of string!

moosie_21, Mar 3, 2:01am
Seriously, your best bet is to go into a panelbeaters or spraypainters and get a quote from them. We have no idea what condiiton the car is in, if you want interior/exterior etc. and prices vary vastly. You will be both mocked and ridiculed in here for asking that question. Best to just let this thread die like all the others and go visit a shop.

foxdonut, Mar 3, 2:09am
Budget an absolute minimum of 300 bucks per panel.

phillip.weston, Mar 3, 2:19am
why not just buy a black or blue one to begin with!

gunhand, Mar 3, 2:36am
You realise painting it a different colour than factory will devalue it no end unless its a 100% respray of everything. IE inside doors under bonnet and boot plus engine bay area. Even then people get sus of resprays. Its a huge job if done correctly and expensive. unless the sv6 is an absolute bargin i would look at the colour you like in the first place.
OH, and only some people will mock you.
But do take it to a paint shop or 2 as without seeing car it is almost impossable to tell you. But $300 per panel is about right and a good guide.

foxdonut, Mar 3, 2:56am
I think 300 per panel is a low estimate these days anyway.

Strip, prep, like gunhand said you need to do the interior so bits get pulled off and put back on, that takes time and creates wear. A couple of coats of paint and a lacquer in a shop with staff, rates, utilities, taxes and material and it seems like a bit of an effort just to go from white to blue.

gunhand, Mar 3, 3:02am
I kinda like white ones, nice set of wheels, subtle boot spoiler and just a hint of lowering and they look good. Nice and clean and freash lol.

foxdonut, Mar 3, 3:04am
Stick some blue stripes down the side that say "Boss 302".

Decals are cheaper than paint.

gunhand, Mar 3, 3:06am
Have no WHAT! Chi! isnt that the sound a drink makes! LOL.

gunhand, Mar 3, 3:22am
well there made in aussia not japan china or wherever feng shui is so it shouldnt matter.

camerong1, Mar 3, 3:36am
Going along with what kazbanz said, my mate has just had his sv6 wrapped in a full graphic wrap so he could change it to black and when he sells it he can have it taken off.

elect70, Mar 3, 3:54am
Ifsand it back yourselfmight get it done for $3000( outside only . If you doing inside the door sills,engine bay ,boot addanother grand .

booked60, Mar 3, 4:28am
Think about the paint colour you have would be the best option.

dasfi, Mar 3, 5:44am
Ha ha id be more thinking around $5000-6000 if your wanting a good job,

franc123, Mar 3, 9:23am
Its an excercise you wouldn't even contemplate.Go buy one in the colour you want, its not like its an old rare car where there is limited choice and it may need a full panel and paint anyway, in which case you would pull it apart properly and paint everything the same colour inside and out to make it indistinguishable from a factory style appearance.

matthew111, Jun 13, 11:54am
get several quotes and you do the selecting.