HELP - Scooter not starting

joaopnz, Jan 17, 7:54am
Hi Guys I have a cheap chinesse scooter that has been good since 2009.
It has now stoped working.
When I press the Eletric Start Switch it makes no sound at all.
I have tested the Eletric start from an outside source and it works ok. I have cheked the battery and is in full charge.

How can I test the Solenoid that is pluged to the Motor Starter ( I have done the screw driver test, short the + and - with a screw driver and the eletric started should turn but nothing happens).

What else could be!
Brake Switch!

Unfortunetly I can't Kick start it. The scooter one fell on its side and the Kick Start pedal now just turns 360o.

Any Ideas please!

mooy, Jan 17, 7:56am
Clean the terminals on the battery

pettal, Jan 17, 7:58am
Kill switch !.

joaopnz, Jan 17, 7:59am
Hi there. It doens't have a kill switch. somehow.

pettal, Jan 17, 8:02am
inline fuse !.

joaopnz, Jan 17, 8:04am
Is this located near the batery! That one is fine.

skin1235, Jan 17, 8:08am
don't you have to have the brake applied before the solenoid will pull in!

petermcg, Jan 17, 8:09am
Yeah mate,, the chinese scooters are a lot of fun. Mine has stopped also but a different thing,, I have it dismantled at the moment and putting in a new set of rings. Now this one of yours, what you have to check if its not the battery or battery terminals is this,,, there is two inhibitor switchs,, this is important,, one is on the brake handle and the other is on the side stand,, so it will not turn the starter if you dont have the stand up and the brake on,,,, but it could just be one of the switchs so you need to check and bypass them and see what happens.

pettal, Jan 17, 8:09am
no idea= there could be more than one !.

intrade, Jan 17, 8:10am
they got bad wiring common problem on chinese scooters is fault on wiring you have to test the wires are not broken as it likely is badly put togather .in the loom

joaopnz, Jan 17, 8:16am
Sorry, I am not sure what the Side Stand means. Is it a switch I could see!

joaopnz, Jan 17, 8:18am
Sorry, I think I know what you mean know. The Side stand the "foot" on the left side of the bike, right!
What about the Double stand, that lifts the back of the bike, would that have a switch as well!

intrade, Jan 17, 8:19am
yes you would see that if its got one somwhere on the joint or frameI would just get a multimeter and test light and find to where power goes and where it stops

petermcg, Jan 19, 5:13am
The side stand is the one you put down with your foot to hold the bike up when you get off,, it has an inhibiter switch. Im not sure about the double stand that lifts the bike,, it could have one also.