Shout out Christchurch MMBers

Page 1 / 3
jono2912, Feb 22, 1:56am
Bloody oath, hope you're okay. Shook like a bi*ch down here, hate to know what it was like up there.

big.b-lil.c, Feb 22, 1:58am
all the best to all in chch

fordgod, Feb 22, 2:10am
VERY VERY bad down here guys. Just got power back on here at home. We just had a really big aftershock about 10mins ago. I just dropped my partner at the palms and was heading back down marshlands rd and the big one hit. It threw my falcon ute off the road, could not drive. The intensity was mind blowing. CHCH is an absolute mess. RIP to the people that have lost their lives. Very sad day.

craig04, Feb 22, 2:31am
Take care Christchurch people. My thoughts are with you.

cowboy110, Feb 22, 6:51am
Thoughts go out to you guys in Christchurch/Canterbury.Stay strong and take care.

nathanmac, Feb 22, 7:06am
Had a message from zephyrheaven earlier, they're ok - workshop is a bit of a mess though.It's been a long wait trying to hear that family and friends are ok - some haven't been so lucky this time around.

1fordluva, Feb 22, 7:16am

treachug, Feb 22, 7:19am
Todays one was scary. Work is toast inside - so much damage this time around, way more than last time. Dont think we will be operating for a day or so.massive clean up ahead.computers, fax machine, eft pos, all the masses of parts etc.

alimac1, Feb 22, 9:10am
Ok here. Thought there was something wrong with the truck till I pulled over and the rocking didn't stop.

townie55, Feb 22, 9:16am
My thoughts are with you guys in Ch-Ch area.Had a lot of trouble trying to contact my family today to make sure they were ok.Everyone fine but not so good for sister's house which looks like it will need to be pulled down.They have moved in with friends.Emotional stuff when I finally got hold of them and just thankful they are safe.

pge, Feb 22, 9:18am
I've just heard, my mother-in-law, near Waimairi Golf course,has major structural damage, and a huge hole in the backyard, my brother-in-law lives there, his truck has fallen down the hole!

Hang in there guys, we are thinking kind thoughts for you.

jsbike, Feb 22, 9:18am
all good in my house, I'd hate to have been in town when it hit though, pretty bloody scary here as it was, just got power on, no water yet, and its raining!

midosa, Feb 22, 9:34am
Cheers guys.
Lost the house in the first one in sept, was nothing compared to this bstrd.
Was driving when it hit, threw the car off the road.

unideck, Feb 22, 9:47am
I called James (zeph) about 2.30 today, hes all good but sustained "major" damage at the workshop and fairly freaked out, his family is up north so thats a relief. Thoughts are with all you guys, Craig.

ralphdog1, Feb 22, 9:48am
Home @ Burnham is fine, nothing compared to Sept, however was in the CBD on level 1 of building at work.
For me was not as bad as the Sept shake as was only 14km from Epicentre then, but the damage in town is heaps worse. Can tell you it was jaw dropping to come outside and see that the CTV bulding was gone. The other diffference was seeing all the very upset people walking down the road in a dazed state.
Terrible.

sw20, Feb 22, 10:16am
All ok here friends and family wise. My house is ok, but my uncles place in Lyttleton is a total write off. Bulldoze material now.

My house has no power so am staying at a friends in Harewood.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 22, 11:18am
My thoughts and prayers are with you papariccardo. May your friends all report in safe and sound soon.

male_timaru, Feb 22, 1:29pm
Not been a bunch of roses that's for sure - this one really scared the shit out of everyone to be honest

Thanks for your kind thoughts and words - we a re all praying for those still trapped and needing search and rescue

I'm heading out first light to search myself for people Sydenham and surrounds - where I know there will be considerable damage and possible casualties who will welcome the relief and efforts

I hope all who own businesses are safe and well - was glad to hear Zeph's fine

Bloody texts and so on are taking hours to get through though some times

male_timaru, Feb 23, 4:52am
Hey James - i am free tomorrow if you want an eager pair of helping hands bro - for real - will help you clean up and get back up and running again asap

1fordluva, Feb 23, 5:06am
good to see you are ok zeph,bit of a ripple in the floor.thatll buff out:)
Seriously bad damage,we up north here are just in awe of the damage.
We all hope your family and friends are safe and well,workshops can be replaced but people cannot.
Wishing you the best here from the fordees.

zephyrheaven, Feb 23, 5:32am
Cheers guys, will try & have a sweep up tomorrow & help where we can - looking forward to wifey arriving back from AKL work trip any minute to help with the little monster

Thanks again,

lookoutas, Feb 23, 5:39am
Looks like someone made a spelling mistake on that blue sign zeph. It really should be changed now.
Good to hear from you guys that are sort-of OK.
Wish I could help too MT.
Where's the family gone to zeph!

lookoutas, Feb 23, 5:40am
You just answered that.

unideck, Feb 23, 8:18am
James, not really the place to say it but hey, serious question, I will book a flight if you like and fly down for a week or so to help sort the shop. Call, text or email me if you need some help OK :)

zephyrheaven, Feb 23, 9:12am
thanks craig had a mountain of people offering help thus far, idea is to go in saturday & see how bad it is & attempt a cleanup I really want a structural report before putting any cars back in there - the road is up & down a meter in places so unless your in a 4" lifted hilux on 35's I wont have too many customers for a wee while 8(

heaps way worse off than me so cant complain

first year in business been an interesting one!