FWD - wheel alignment for track use

morrisman1, Jan 21, 10:27am
Right, Id like to get the wheel alignment right for the Mazda 121. First of all Ill describe its main usage.

Gymkhana tracks is what I want it to really perform on so that is priority but it will also get used for clubsport sprints. Because sprints are kind of a secondary use for the car it is not quite so critical as getting it right for gymkhana.

I have on the front 14" alloys with yokohama a-008r 185/60 tyres on them. Camber is at 3.5° negative. These are all measured using an iphone app which is calibrated to a vertical before measuring, I cannot guarantee the accuracy but I suspect it is pretty good. At some stage Ill probably change to Silverstone FTZ type RR 185/55r14 tyres but running the Yokos initially.

Id like some advice on what would be some good setups to try with regards to toe in/out on this vehicle. Currently I have got the wheels tracking straight ahead, no toe in/out at all.

pollymay, Jan 21, 10:31am
I generally ran toe in front, toe out back. Made the rear live as hell, oversteery. However you may find this doesn't suit, it comes down to driver taste and their inputs and I can't really tell you how to drive.

Besides my solution was put the engine in the back

a18a, Jan 21, 10:37am
Are you the putting the motor in the back of a Prelude!

pollymay, Jan 21, 10:43am
Yes, I'm almost done now.

rlr29, Jan 21, 10:46am
Links and pics of build!

pollymay, Jan 21, 10:51am
If you mean me then no, there are none and there won't be till I'm done. Quite welcome to answer the OP though, you know the one that made this thread lol. If you really beg I'll make a thread with a couple pics and sparse details though.

mgmad, Jan 21, 6:27pm
For motorkhanaing, it doesn't really matter, more important things are a quick steering rack and an excellent handbrake. 3.5º static camber is huge, might pay to measure it properly to check the iPhone app.

Morrisman you doing the Clubsport Champs this year! - they're in Invercargill.