CLASSIC MOTORCYCLES STOLEN IN HAMILTON

eureka17, Jan 24, 2:12am
Rare classic motorcycles, worth around $45,000, have been stolen in what police believe was a targeted raid on the home of an elderly Hamilton man.
The motorcycles include a 1928 500cc BSA, registration number 302XX, a 1951 500cc Norton and a 1926 350cc Harley Davidson "Harley Pup" - the smallest Harley ever made.
Also stolen were two display engines from a 1933 Aerial 350cc and a Triumph Tiger 70 250cc.
The 77-year-old owner was understandably distraught over the theft of his beloved collection from his home, said Constable Wayne Shanks.
"Collectively the collection is estimated to be worth $45,000.
"The items hold a lot of sentimental value to the owner, one of which he had owned for 60 years."
Const Shanks said he hoped people with similar interests in historic machinery would be alert to anyone trying to sell the machines or obtain spare parts for them.
Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/Rare-motorcycles-stolen-in-Hamilton/tabid/423/articleID/239950/Default.aspx#ixzz1kKzA7TJc

jason18, Jan 24, 2:35am
MONGRELS!

socram, Jan 24, 2:51am
What a pity that NZ with just 4 million people appears to have so many rat bags.

richard198, Jan 24, 3:50am
"1926 350cc Harley Davidson "Harley Pup" - the smallest Harley ever made."
No it's not!

mtrsport, Jan 24, 8:35am
They will suface and crims will buy them at less there worth.and then sold again , only takes one person to be honest to break the chain.or would you rather get a cheap bike make coin and rip an old bloke from his joy.

singing1, Jan 24, 11:48am
Gps on bike and heavy security.we shouldn't have to do this to keep what we worked our arses off to get. Im serious. Why should we. We have to somehow stand up against these thieving ba*tards and give them what they deserve (I can't quite work out what that is yet) Maybe we should start up a "bash the thief" motorcycle gang.
I feel for your old man eureka, and I know many eyes are looking out for your bike and parts.posted on the other thread too.