Used car prices

bjmh, Jun 29, 9:08pm
my niece has a 2000 Mazda Familia Sport 20 .5dr hatch,145k.she has been trying to sell it on trademe and locally .she initally had $8500 on it .has now come down heapsand still no takers.my question is .are cars selling for a lot less .like houses !

bjmh, Jun 29, 9:39pm
its a minter ha ha .as they all are,no seriously its in very good nick,she has said she would take $7000 .it just seems that theres b/all money around for private sales,is it as hard for dealers at the moment.

phillip.weston, Jun 29, 9:44pm
It's an 11 year old car with 145,000kms on the clock - I would say it's well 'used'. $8500 is a bit much considering you can get Mazda 3's for close to that value with those same kms. I would have thought $6500-7500 would be more accurate for a private sale. Last one I saw which was $1res'd went to about $5900, though it did have 180,000kms on the clock.

bjmh, Jun 29, 10:01pm
colour .silver.yep i figured that someone who can finance a car .i.e dealerwould be in a better position to sell at the moment,its been a weird year,i have people spending heaps of money repairing their older cars,rather than buying a later car.good for me.