My car horn has died.

mr_lovebug, Jun 28, 11:30am
I know that I should be able to get another & easy to fit,can you guys PLEASE tell me where I should be looking on here!

What is a far priceI did try a trademe search before and all I found was horn buttoms/rings & air horns.

I have a Daihatsu 98 & am wanting a normal horn not a air horn.

Thanks for looking.
P.s. the spade tremails (sp) have broken off (rust!).

thunderbolt, Jun 28, 11:37am
Repco sells them, I guess SCA would also.

jasongroves, Jun 28, 11:37am
Can you just clean up the area where the terminals were and solder the wires on!

jasongroves, Jun 28, 11:39am
Yep, as above too.
Might be worth trying pick a part if you wanna go 2nd hand.
I just used a self earthing Corolla horn in my Sunny.
They are pretty universal.

jono2912, Jun 28, 11:39am
$30 at SCA I think.

mr_lovebug, Jun 28, 11:40am
Yeah,could do that,just means taking old off & doing the work then putting back on again,not keen on doing that as it's a real pain to get to.

It's behind the bumper & high up,will look at it in daylight,only just found that it is not going & that it's broken the termial.

robotix1970, Jun 28, 11:56am
well atleast it will be quieter for your neighbours ehh lol. ever thought of mounting one on your model r/c's . now that would be a real "hoot" !

mr_lovebug, Jun 28, 12:00pm
That is just too easy,all I would have to is mount a pizo on the pan & run it to a 3rd channel so that I could turn it on/off etc.

Good idea BUT not needed in older classic cars (which is what I collect)be fine if it was in a drifter car (which is used these days).

clark20, Jun 28, 12:11pm
Get them from an Auto Electrician, prob around $20-$25

andrea_w, Jun 28, 12:37pm
How does this differ from fitting a replacement horn!
Either way, you are removing a horn and then fitting a horn back to the factory location.
One way costs you a replacement horn, a bit of time and petrol too. You will also need to crimp on a new terminal, or solder it. like you would be if you opted to repair yours.
The other way costs a bit of solder and less time overall, fixes the problem (and its not a band-aid repair).
I know what way I'd be doing it :) Its a 10ish min repair (depending how long it takes to get to the horn)

robotix1970, Jun 28, 12:47pm
the reason that i know about your collection of r/c's is through your TM profile lol and yes i also have got a colt all-terain r/c car and it goes good on grass "doing donuts" but i have thought of modifying the chassis plate into a 1/4 mile drag car / Rail car but yeah. i'll keep you posted as it would reaaaally look as sick as ! lol

intrade, Aug 8, 1:45pm
you can soldier a new therminal to fix the horn andor put A horn elsewhere it wont matter for a wof where a horn is solong as it works