Floppy clutch

ninja_man, Jun 26, 6:08am
went to drive car today and found the clutch had no pressure at all, and engaged as so as i let it out. just checked the clutch fluid and saw it was empty, im guessing it just needs a top up!

mugenb20b, Jun 26, 6:11am
.and a bleed.and either a clutch slave cylinder or clutch master cylinder.

ninja_man, Jun 26, 6:13am
so do a fluid change!, and you reckon either the slave cylinder of clutch cylinder is leaking!

mugenb20b, Jun 26, 6:15am
There is a bleed nipple on the clutch slave cylinder. Peel the rubber boot back and if you see fluid behind it, it's toast. Have a look under the dash as well and see if there's fluid residue above the clutch pedal.

ninja_man, Jun 26, 6:17am
ok, will do. thanks

magoo2, Jun 26, 11:32am
check the flexible hose also

paull, Jun 26, 11:52am
my mrs got one of those, damm thing the piston is hell of a loose inside the clutch and i got to pump the damm thing for ages before i get any feeling of preasure,,,

blackdotlova, Jun 26, 1:35pm
Ring ya mother its a birth defect

intrade, Jun 26, 8:44pm
clutch with brake fluids not cable dont need topping up as the wear on the clutch is just milimeters and over the the mechanism that shrinks to even less.
now clutch fluid is brake fluid. and that fluid needs to be changedflushed every 24 month . if it is empty or spongey it will have a leak due to wear or corrosion from not exchangeing the fluids. You can usually see fluid seep out the rubber of the piston on the gearbox. so that needs to be replaces . also the master can go faulty also or both of them thanks to lack of maintainace. also flex hoses can parish just like a brake line rubber do as it is essintially a brake hose.

ninja_man, Jun 26, 8:54pm
il take it to a mechanic tomorrow to sort it out, sounds like i may have a leak somewhere

ninja_man, Jun 26, 8:58pm
is it ok to drive to my local mechanic! that wont do damage will it!

intrade, Jul 30, 9:51am
well solong as you dont scratch the gears to peaces it be ok. all the thing does is push a leaver on the gearbox and if there is no fluid it will not clutch out no more . so topping up is recommended and tell the mechanic what you done and he should say what i have written above if he tells you anything else then you probably best to drive to another mechanic.