Need to raise car up (legally), what do I require?

Page 1 / 2
k0bra, Jun 24, 9:01am
Looking to get my car raised so that a bodykit can be installed and also so I don't continue to cringe everytime i scrape the driveway coming down onto the road. What is required! is it different springs or suspension or what!

johnf_456, Jun 24, 9:01am
Oh my

franc123, Jun 24, 9:04am
what have you got to start with!Is the car at standard ride height already or has it been lowered!

jsbike, Jun 24, 9:06am
cut the bottom off the kit.

k0bra, Jun 24, 9:07am
It is at it's standard height yes. I hate the lowered look

snoopy221, Jun 24, 9:11am
my car
well sure ya need my car higher suspenders.
do we assume it's a ford KA with a body kit!

k0bra, Jun 24, 9:13am
Mk3 Supra is what I have

franc123, Jun 24, 9:15am
You may be able to get away with just putting raised springs in it, you would have to check with an agent for King or Cobra springs, or else from their website catalogues to see if they do a raised spring, they are available for some vehicles, that usually gives you another 20-25mm height.They are normally only requested for 4x4's and/or for the rear of vehicles that tow heavy loads.

naphtha, Jun 24, 9:17am
Bigger Diameter wheels and cross ply tyres

snoopy221, Jun 24, 9:17am
well not like there aren't a few supra clubs
perhaps a quick google-perhaps even suzie the supra gurl
she hasn't posted here for a while but a quick google should find her-she is a goldmine of info on supras.

gammelvind, Jun 24, 9:18am
Air suspension!

k0bra, Jun 24, 9:26am
All of the supra clubs i have looked up are not active anymore. I was going to ask her, but thought I'd try here to start with, see what ideas people had

k0bra, Jun 24, 9:27am
Was another thing that crossed my mind, but isn't that expensive!

snoopy221, Jun 24, 9:32am
her webpage comes up via google
she hasn't posted here ina while but by all means suss her out.

zoltec45, Jun 24, 10:41am
oh. my. god.
So you want to RAISE a car- to fit a body kit.
WTF is going on in the world, tsunamis, earthquakes and now this.
Shame be on your name

k0bra, Jun 24, 6:55pm
Settle down mate, lol. It's not a big ask. As previously stated, the car is on standard springs and is already scraping the driveway when coming out, without a bodykit on it. Just need to raise it to prevent further damage

panicky, Jun 24, 7:02pm
The MK3's look too high even with std springs, are you sure they are standard!

serf407, Jun 24, 7:20pm
Modify the driveway.
Cut the Supra body off and put on Subaru outback chassis.
Custom made springs + custom shock absorbers(ohlins etc)

extrayda, Jun 24, 7:44pm
Are the springs / shocks that are in it still good, or are they knackered - could check first to see if they have sagged!Is your driveway bad for most cars!

pico42, Jun 24, 9:32pm
I would start with this too.

grangies, Jun 25, 12:21am
Ring the district council and complain about your driveway. LOL.

emmaj26, Jun 25, 2:55am
we done this when my car was scrapping when we moved into our new house and the council ending up fixing the driveway entrance problem solved.

If you were in chch and assuming the place is still open, there is a place here called chamberlains suspension that does custom springs to any height you want, last time I checked it was around $150-200 a pair

brants, Jun 25, 3:26am
Do you go out of your driveway on a angle or straight ahead!

If you can take an aggresive angle it should be fine unless you have a terrible driveway.

brants, Jun 25, 4:17am

k0bra, Jul 27, 1:48pm
Thanks for all the feedback people!. The driveway is a hazard for some cars, so not just mine. I think i'll take it to a garage and get them to look at the springs as they are the original so may indeed have sagged. WOF never seems to pick anything up. The car is 23 years old so i wouldn't be surprised, Might look at talking to someone about the driveway too, but it would be cool if the car was high enough for judder bars etc too. Don't want to look like a douche by going onto the otherside of the road on a diagonal just to avoid scraping each time hahaha